Show us your Gloriosa Daisies!

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Interesting, since Bluestone Perennials lists it as hardy to zone 3.

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/RUPSS.html?id=dGZGbGic&mv_pc=834

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

I have noticed that a lot of my Rudbeckias will die out if I don't cut them back after blooming (which I rarely do). They survive the cold easily but are willing to be annuals, almost biennials: sprouting this year, living over the winter, and blooming and prolly dyiny the next season.

I'll have to buy a pack of mixed doubles to put in: I'm just getting singles and a couple semi-doubles.

jmorth~

When that double in your picture fills out some more, please post another picture. It's very nice and seems to have a bit of curl to it. Reminds me of a chrysanthemum.

Robert.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is one of my rubeckias..I love them all!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

White Swan

Short, but sweet...

Thumbnail by greenjay
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

My 'Prairie Suns' just keep coming on...here it is with my late blooming daylily "August Flame" (I think).

Thumbnail by tabasco
Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

I threw seeds from last year's plants all along the roadside...boy did they seem to love neglect!

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Amazing how different all the flowers are!!

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Another group

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Prairie Sun goes with everything

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

i think these are my favorite markings

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I like these as well...

Thumbnail by JanetS

Here's a few.

Thumbnail by raydio

Don't know why these are brushed like that.

Thumbnail by raydio

dmc-- I love your idea of throwing extra seeds along the road! What pretty patches of flowers.

When I drive along the country roads I often wish others would catch on to your idea--it would make a really pretty countryside (since the highway departments don't seem interested in fostering any wild flower beauty around here).

It started with ditch lilies and lilacs, because that's what I remember from the roadsides as a kid. Then I threw seeds of whatever seemed natural, like lupines, malva, asters Queen Anne's Lace. here's what the roadside looks like now

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Oh, so pretty. Don't you wish your idea would catch on?!!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

dmcdevitt..they are beauitful markings for sure....your favorite markings post.l

Thanks. The varieties are just amazing, and in this (100 degree plus) heat, they still look cheerful! you have to admire them for that!

Do butterflies like these daisies?

I only have the 'Prairie suns' and I haven't noticed much BF interest in them but that may be because they are newer hybrids...

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm experiencing a second-flush type Rudbeckia revival. The first flush was from self-sown seed and plants that successfully overwintered. Most of the ones reaching prominence now were grown from seed this year. In the photo are 5 or 6 plants.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Chimchiminee

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

a more traditional manifestation -

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

The smaller rudbeckia to the left is Maya. The larger looks almost red when the light is right.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

another overhead perspective of an assortment -

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

raydio,
which double did you wish to see a later picture of back on 7-21,
the one at 3:00 or the one at 3:05?

jmorth~

This one. Thanks.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=2531814

Robert.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Robert,
The 5 light brown rudbeckias that form a diagonal line from upper left trending toward lower right are of the same plant you requested later picture of (week later).

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

and 17 days after 1st shot: 3 in middle.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2006 1:17 PM

Thumbnail by jmorth

Thanksjmorth. That color is very appealling! I don't think I've ever seen that in a Rudbeckia before. It's really a very nice fully double beauty. Kudos!

Robert.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Goldilocks is really full.

Thumbnail by bigcityal

WOW! Goldilocks--- you are welcome to my porridge and my (flower) bed anytime!!!!!!

What a beautybigcityal! Keep pix of that one coming. I want to see the leftmost bloom full flush!

Robert.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.