Hummingbirds!

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Pepper if we get some showers look out. Morels will be popping up and I love to hunt and of course eat them. Often the bottoms has the biggest but I usually don't hunt there. Elm trees(dead of course) are good areas especially if the bark is still on or near them. Right now no hummingbirds nor mushrooms so that cold snap really pushed things back.
Cuckoo

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We have dead elms, with the bark on them but there won't be any mushrooms since they are still standing. lol. I will have to keep an eye out for those mushrooms. Starting to sound good right about now. The cold snap has done alot of damage around here. Including me. LOL. Trimming dayliles earlier in the week and cut the tip of my finger off. Looking great now. Has a layer or 2 of skin on it. Just can't touch metal. That hurts!!!!

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Ouch, pepper! That gives me the heebie jeebies big time! Hope it's healing fine.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Saw our first hummer at the feeder yesterday!

Neat!! We probably will see hummers next week at the earliest with the weather the way it is.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I had two doing battle yesterday -- the winner was the one who's been here longest. So it's begun in earnest now.

Lawrenceville, GA

Pepper... I'm originally from KC... my aunt lives down I-70 from you (Sweet Springs). When I called her yesterday to tell her I'd finally gotten my first h-bird here in Lawrenceville, Ga., she said she'd gotten her first one in Sweet Springs that afternoon. So you might not have to wait a week!!!

Cool!!!

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Here in nw Metro-Atlanta, our regular population seems to be settling in. Several females among the males. And they have a little weight on them.. not those straggly pathetic little guys that pass through earlier. And am pretty sure that some of them are "ours" returning for another year, because they're very comfortable both with us and with our environment.
jo

Hebron, KY

Got to see my first Hummer this year today!!! So excited! Hope to see more and more of them everyday........

Marilyn

Marlton, NJ

Congratulations Marilyn!

Our hummers are back!! My dad said they looked like they were disappointed that the restaraunt was closed. lol

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh Marilyn - that's so wonderful. You will see more. Take good care of them and next year you'll have more.. These are so cool. They come back to your house year after year. And their babies will too. Congratulations!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.