TULIP TREE PROBLEM

Bensalem, PA(Zone 6B)

MY TULIP POPLAR TREE HAS BROWN AND CURLED UP LEAVES. THE TREE IS 3 YEARS OLD AND TEN FEET TALL. ANY CLUES TO THE REASON??

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I have many of these but haven't noticed a problem yet - been too busy moving in. But I will certainly take a look and see how my trees look. Will keep you posted :-)

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi G44,
I'm in the far Northeast Phila. and have some Tulip trees. The only thing I noticed is that some powdery mildew is creeping in on the leaves. It may be from water standing on the large leaves, which I have noticed here. Is it possible yours were burned from the sun, since we've had lots of rain then hot humid sunny days typical of the area? Are you talking about all of the leaves on the tree or just a few? Did you check for a disease/bug pattern?
Trish

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

G44 - Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I did some research and didn't really like what I was reading. I am going to post the search address and you can look up different sites in relation to this tree. Some accounts are not favourable. I have many of these and one is growing right smack dab in the septic drain field - I was told it was OK but now I'm not so sure. Took a good look and on one of the trees the leaves are yellowing and falling. Could be the lack of rain - we had a long dry spell. Or it could be that the builders have damaged the roots. What I did learn is that this tree can be attacked by aphids and possibly this is what is happening to your tree.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.