OK is it Fall yet or what?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well my Sedum has decided to heck w/ Summer let's do Fall now.
Started budding a few weeks ago and now is in full flower.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wow, that's really wierd. Mine doesn't even have flower umbels on it yet, it's just foliage. Have you had unusually cool weather?

Barboursville, WV(Zone 6a)

Weather's been nuts here... should be in the upper 80's and HOT ..

This weekend the high was 63 on Saturday and RAIN RAIN RAIN for days

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ours always bloom in late July and August--have to keep 'hacking' them back to get fall color from it. Nice pic!
Debbie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Memorial Day weekend thru Tues we had temps in the low 90's.
That is August weather here.
Since then unusually cool nights have been the norm.
I think it triggered the early flowering.
The odd thing is the other pot flanking the entry is also blooming.
They are in 6 section glazed tile drain pipes.
None of our other Sedums in the yard appear to be doing anything out of the ordinary.

Ric

This message was edited Jun 13, 2006 9:52 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

henryr10 - I'm a tad further north than you, but my perennials seem to be way ahead of the season this year also. The lamb's ear is getting ready to bloom, the hosta are sending up stalks, the daylilys are starting to blom, and the yucca is about ready to pop open. These plants usually don't bloom until mid-July.

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Henry10 your sedum is beautiful! It felt like fall early this morning. Very nice and cool outside. 60 deg. sure felt good after 98 deg. yesterday.

My crape myrtles don't usually bloom this early and they are all blooming now. They have been in bloom for well over a week.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Hmm, my sedum has not started budding yet. But there are all kinds of strange micro-climates in our area.

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Mine are in bud, but not flower just yet. I had a black-eyed susan bloom 2 weeks ago and my purple coneflower started in mid-May. Things are all wacky this year, I think. Your sedums are taking the cake, though. Weeee-eeee---oooo---oooo (said in a sci-fi-creepy-this-means-something-voice-aka-close-encounters-of-the-third-kind).

Jacci ;)

Redford, MI

It's comforting to know that my garden isn't the only one going through a time warp!

I'm already on the second bloom of my russian sages, my coneflower is ready to bloom anyday as well as some of my late summer daylilies. I just ordered them in May and they haven't even put up a lot of green, but they have scapes. Go figure!

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That's a plus first year, glamoury. At least you get a peak at what will be! A DG friend took me to a daylily sale at this guy's house...I bought 7 plants at $4 a peice. Only one has bloomed this year but I loved it!

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

My 'Autumn Fire' are budding out already, too. I just planted them this year and I think they are confused or something :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.