June daily weather, Breezy and hot

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks Janett and Sidney......I feel bad that I've not had much time to comment/post to people here but between his Grad, the new veggie patch, and my parents' house (had a devastating fire and is just about rebuilt now) this summer has been and will be busy (moving them back in)

Wuderground says
79 °F / 26 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h from the West
Pressure: 29.83 in / 1010 hPa

Our thermometer however is already reading 88F. Expected high 33 degree Celsius = 91.4 degree Fahrenheit (not including the effects of humidity).

Janett you've done a lovely job! Ü

This message was edited Jun 29, 2006 11:00 AM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Pretty much the same as yesterday.

Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on June 29, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
98 °F / 37 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 49 °F / 9 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h Variable
Pressure: 29.90 in / 1012 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 10000 ft / 3048 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

(This is the lily "Latvia". If I was naming it, I would have called it "Paprika".)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Pleasant weather this morning. Did about two hours of weeding. We had almost seven inches of rain - according to my weather gage. A record for our area.

All is well in our immediate area. Daylilies are hopping, as are the coleus plants and lilies.

Here is a Chinese Temply Lily - the are so fragrant whne you are weeding. LOL

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL - they are pretty.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Beautifull flowers.

Sunny
80 F
Janett

Petunia "Purple Pirouette"

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Janett after seeing you porch I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't start speaking Swedish with a southern drawl.
I'm back to watering my garden twice a day. May rain Sunday.
I am in love with all these lilies.
80.6 °F / 26 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6 km/h
Sidney

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL Sidney! Are you in southern Sweden at least, Janett??

We're in a typical summer weather pattern here, except a high of 91 is actually pretty low for us. I'm definitely not complaining, though! LOL I hope the clouds stick around.:
Today: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 91. East wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. South wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm.

Current Conditions:

Mostly Cloudy 79°F (26°C)
Humidity: 74 %
Wind Speed: NE 3 MPH
Barometer: 30.09" (1019.4 mb)
Dewpoint: 70°F (21°C)
Heat Index: 82°F (28°C)
Visibility: 9.00 mi.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Rotflol.........in fact I am. not the fartherst south but to the north part of what is considoured Southern Sweden.
Geographicly they split Sweden in to four parts, South- Middle- North and Lappland
Janett

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Se eds & Janett, are those 'worms eye' views? LOL. Both are very pretty.
We are now coming out of a 36 hour cloudy spell, the sun is shining again. Just in time for the long week end.
It's now 72 F with light west winds. May get to 82 today.
We had a vivid lightning storm overnight, woke me up. Sarah was cowering next to my bed, again.
We got a half inch of rain, just enough to set the grass seed next door without washing it all into my garden. Mother nature went easy on us this time.
Little Leaf Linden flowers.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Nopp Andy. Didnt have to crawl on my knees for that pic. Here is the whole plant.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I will Andy, love the wildlife forum. Wish I had a camera this morn. Had a teensy bug with antennas longer than it's body sitting on a daylily. I'm thinking katydid. That's a nice light yellow daylily.

I've been much more aware of bad weather now that I have friends in all states. I too hope everyone is out of danger or not inconvenienced.

Congratulatios to the graduate! I know how exciting and full of pride we are when our kid(s) graduate.

Janett, I love the fence and planters. I've never seen anything like it!

Sidney LOL over the southern remark!

Beautiful flowers everyone!

82*. slightly sunny and getting mugggy. Had more thunder than rain which may be a good thing because we're close to being mushroomy and moldy.

Here's Aurura Raspberry after a nice rain.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Nice colors in that picture, Billy. What is the stuff with the fine leaves?

Well I started July's thread and hope you will alljoin me here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/621260/ and post everyday. We can always start a new thread. the cost is very reasonable.
Sidney

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

This post ended in the wrong forum and I deleted it

This message was edited Jul 1, 2006 7:10 PM

It looks like another day at or above 100F. I think it is going to be a hotter summer than last year.

This picture will show you how hot it is. That plastic thing is a container that a cake or cookies came in. I was using it to hold a bunch of smaller pots, then I took the pots out yesterday and set the plastic container off to the side. It was perfectly round yesterday. This morning, it was deformed. All I can figure is that it melted or shrank in the heat. I have never seen that happen before. BTW, I have plants in pots right near here and they are doing fine, but it does explain why I have to water some of them almost every day.

Thumbnail by Kelli

NEW THREAD HERE http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/621260/
;)

Oops. Sorry. :-(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.