June daily weather, Breezy and hot

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well other thread was getting fater windy. Please join us here for daily posting.
Here it's
74.3 °F / 23.5 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 72 °F / 22 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5.8 km/h
Some Caladiums, Root beer plant and coleus.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's exactly what the title of the thread says: breezy and hot! LOL Actually it isn't too bad right now, but it is supposed to be 98° this afternoon. There is a "cold" front coming through this afternoon and we may get some thunderstorms. When the fronts come from the northwest, like this one is, they often dissipate before they make it this far, but we can hope! The rain would sure be nice.

Currently:
A Few Clouds 79°F (26°C)
Humidity: 62 %
Wind Speed: NW 6 MPH
Barometer: 29.96" (1014.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 65°F (18°C)
Heat Index: 81°F (27°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Sugar, lovely pix...as usual! What is the Coleus name in the top left hand corner? I have a pot that's two years old and about 4' high. Big old ugly thick stems, but I hide those behind other plants and just let the tops peek out.
Pati

That's Happy's world record setter that she calls Sidney, LOL. We don't know it's other aliases.
Sidney

Sugar, so I've got a Sydney too? COOL! BTW, the comment about the ugly stick stems was aimed at the plant......you did know that, right?
Pati

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOLOL Pati!!

Yes, Pati although my stems are saggy, I want a knee lift.
Mine was about 4' when it got hit with a cold snap so I pruned it back to 1' and it just mounded out so beautifully. Very well behaved like its namesake...........NOT!
LOL It is one of my favorites.;)

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Conditions at 1:00 PM EDT on June 13, 2006
Temperature 66.9 °F
Relative Humidity 79.9 %
Dew Point Temperature 60.5 °F
Wet Bulb Temperature 62.9 °F
Atmospheric Pressure 30.00 in
Wind at 7.1mph
Heat Index 70.0 °F
WBGT Index 71.6 °F
2 in. Soil Temperature 74.2 °F
4 in. Soil Temperature 76.7 °F
8 in. Soil Temperature 78.2 °F
Soil Moisture (12 in) 20.4 %
Solar Radiation 148.7 W/m2
Cumulative Rain Since 12:00 AM 0.01 in
Maximum Air Temperature 72.2 °F at 12:15 AM
Minimum Air Temperature 65.7 °F at 8:45 AM
Maximum Wind Speed 26.1 mph at 12:33 PM

We're getting from Alberto: much cooler temps, a nice breeze and overcast skies. It is not expected to give us any rain..... :(
Oh how I hope the forecasters get that one wrong!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, bummer, berrygirl. I was REALLY hoping you would get some rain. :-(

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Marylyn. As long as it is cloudy, I am still hoping and praying! The cooler temps are nice, though.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice day here, again.
Low 60 F, high 85, now 77. 50 / 50 billowy cumulus clouds and sun. Light breeze.
A chance of showers for the next few days, no real rain storm though.

I foolishly tried to pick the strawberries in shorts today. I had to put my painters overalls on to protect myself from the swarms of mosquitoes. I was getting bloody. Turns a pleasant chore into a pain....

Here is a Peony. So fragrant.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sugar, your white caladiums look so cool and refreshing!

We hit about 84*. It warmed up fast. I haven't used all the ''clean'' on my flannel sheets yet.

Well, we really haven't got all the rain we need here. We were 8" behind our average and my water bill is $100 over its average.
Sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

no rain
hot
no clouds
no dew

beautiful shot Andy like a painting of perfection

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Forgot to comment yesterday. It is beautiful Andy, mine gave up early this year.

2/10'' rain. 70* and wet. We also had a dew this morn.

Here's a bad picture of me and Fat Albert. Albert looks pretty good tho.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Billy, you're a cutie, I love big smiles. The Spruce looks good, too.

A bit humid today, low 61, high 82, now 78 F. Light SW breeze, some high clouds and again passing Cumulus.
There are storms north of here but not expected to get here till nightfall, if at all.
My first Day Lily of the season.
Andy P

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Andy!
My first daylily has been Stella D' Oro. I planted 3 in 2004 and they just bloomed this year. Some people say they're overrated, but I sure like mine.
What is the name of yours? I love the deep yellow fading out.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hot - 94*
Hum - 8%
winds from SW @28mph

the transplanted, 2-ft tall maxmillian sunflowers I transplanted last night are not at all happy about the wind from the desert. nor are the temps to their liking. I made shade for them. can only hope

Billy that spruce looks like a very special dress. quick glance says you are wearing it. sure is one happy looking specimen. both you and the tree. LOL ~Blooms

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Laugh, Blooms! I hate to say the dress ''fits'' pretty good. I'm losing that winter weight tho!

You are windy! Hope the sunflowers make it!

This message was edited Jun 14, 2006 5:19 PM

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Billy, It's a Stella too. They are always the first to bloom. The pic is a bit dark.
Here is one I snapped this morning.
Andy P

Might as well update the weather!
A seabreeze kicked in. temp down to 70 f, big t'storms to our west, hardly moving.
The sea breeze will prevent them from hitting us.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2006 6:02 PM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I love the color of Stella. I need to get out and take more pictures. The camera DD lent us only takes 5 at a time. I have to unload before I can take more. I didn't think the quality was very good on the last batch. I think the card is wearing out, if that's possible. Update here too.

75*, the sun is coming out and it's a bit muggy. Big decision. Mow now or wait till it's hot tomorrow?

This message was edited Jun 14, 2006 5:24 PM

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Hot and muggy this AM, then cold front moved in - temps in the 60's overcast but no rain here. Scheduled for thunderstorms for tonite.
It is Poppy time in Pa.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I like Stella, too. I'd like to get some of the pink ones that are out now. What a gorgeous evening it is here in Ohio...Sunny and breezy. I'm on the hammock checking threads until my notebook's battery poops out on me. Then I'll switch gears and read a novel outside until dark!

70°F
Clear
Humidity: 10%
Dew Point: 10 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.12 in
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -

Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and up around 80°F. I've got soaker hoses to put down, then mulch to lay and plants to deadhead. It should keep me busy.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

High . 79°

Se-eds, Those poppies remind me of the beautiful clumps of volunteer shirley poppies we have in bloom. I have been helping them to get more and more in the deeper red and many doubles. Also I like the pure pink and the red with white fringe. I saved seed last year and planted a little bit of it....thousands of seeds came up.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Nice to see you Billy, you look like a Christmas Angel standing behing that tree.
Andy, your DL:s look like my "Holy Grail"

Sunny
Today is a bit colder after last nights rain and thunder
Temp is only 68 F this morning.
Janett

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Billy you can buy a memory card with more memory [hence more pics] and i don't know about them but my camera uses floppy discs {yes it is old} and the floppys do 'wear out'.

wow that wind was blowing against a cold front that brought some storminess to the north of us ... and overnight the temps dropped to wonderful spring i ness. Hurrah! the maxies stood back up.

Now it's 76* out and the Hi will be in the mid 80s
So a-gardening I will go. hi-ho
humidity up to 15% and the wind is gone [for now]

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

What make/model camera is it, Billy? The flash memory cards should last you years. We are still using our SmartMedia cards after 6+ years of very heavy use.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Moose Jaw, CA
Elevation: 1893 ft / 577 m
[Partly Cloudy]
68 °F / 20 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 55 / 13 °C
Wind: 13 mph / 20 km/h from the WSW
Pressure: 29.64 in / 1004 hPa
Visibility: 15.0 miles / 24.1 kilometers
UV: 8 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2400 ft / 731 m
Few 25000 ft / 7620 m

Forecast for MOOSE JAW
Updated: 11:00 am CST on June 15, 2006
[partlysunny]
Today
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind southwest 30 km/h. High 77°F / 25°C. UV index 7 or high.

Time to get off Dave's and head back out to the garden.

I went out to pot up some ferns (in the shade) and had to come back in after 20 minutes. I guess I'm no lady 'cause I was wet with SWEAT! Even the dogs won't go out. Oh well, you know the old saying, "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noonday sun"

And it's only June!
Pati

Observed at: Ft Pierce, Florida
Elevation: 23 ft / 7 m

90 °F / 32 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h from the West
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1018 hPa
Heat Index: 93 °F / 34 °C

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

The remnants of Alberto passed close enough to us for a band of showers to hit us early this morning, 2 tenths of rain and a bit of wind.
Now it's mostly cloudy 71F with light variable wind.

Here is a close-up of a Mountain Laurel, the bush got beat up last week in the storms but still has a few flowers opening.
Andy P

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Sunny, breezy, 80 degrees. Beautiful day. Was out checking plants and that 1 inch of rain we got last week is gone. Could stand another one. No rain forecast though.

My son in New Mexico just wrote that he is packing up everything he has room for to be able to move quickly if a nearby forest fire jumps the ridge this AM. What a life! and What a place to live!
Claire

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Mountain laurel is one of my favorites!

Yep, windy and hot. I don't know how hot it got today. I was indoors and didn't pay any attention.

Updated: 5:51 PM PDT on June 15, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
87 °F / 31 °C
Clear
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 40 °F / 4 °C
Wind: 21 mph / 33 km/h from the NW
Wind Gust: 29 mph / 46 km/h
Pressure: 29.71 in / 1006 hPa

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you Janett!
Bloom, we just need a whole new camera. This was a loaner to bring us into the digital age, which I love! Sounds like you got a beautiful day!
Gardenwife, it's a Hewlett Packard with a 4 mb card. We're new to all this, so DD will be helping us.
Andy, I love mountain laurels. Does yours sucker?
Se_eds, we've had pretty good spring rains, but our inch disappeared too. I've been edging beds and the dirt crumbles off the grass I dig up.

78*, still, breezy and still again. Humidity back down to around 50 according to my Vermont Weather Stick. Dorrs and windows open wide and a bowl of lemon sherbet and mint bon bon...ooops, it's gone.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

High 85°...low 61°. Now this is summer!

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

I am just too depressed to post the weather here in Ga. I am watching my trees and shrubs die slowly day by day from the drought.

:(

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I understand. No rain is depressing.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yesterday I went out in the morning to turn the sprinkler on and the air was light and fresh and cool... I wished I could just stay out there and work on the garden! Today when I open the door it's like getting hit in the face with a hot, wet towel. The humidity is definitely back!! There is a 70% chance of rain today, a 60% chance of rain tomorrow, and a 50% chance of rain on Sunday and for the next 3 days. And we could use ALL of it!!!

Current conditions (at Hobby airport, at least.. it isn't actually raining here right now, although it is quite overcast):
Thunderstorm Rain 80°F (27°C)
Humidity: 85 %
Wind Speed: S 14 MPH
Barometer: 29.97" (1015.5 mb)
Dewpoint: 75°F (24°C)
Heat Index: 85°F (29°C)
Visibility: 3.00 mi.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It's going to be a hot one today.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on June 16, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
88 °F / 31 °C
Clear
Humidity: 22%
Dew Point: 44 °F / 7 °C
Wind: 15 mph / 24 km/h from the North
Pressure: 29.84 in / 1010 hPa

I seem to be watering all the time now. It's so hot that I have to come in for a change to dry clothes after about 20 minutes. I can't remember EVER sweating this much...must be my age. LOL

Anyway.........I just wander in and out as if in a dream, but always with a hose in my hand!
Pati

Observed at: Ft Pierce, Florida
Elevation: 23 ft / 7 m

87 °F / 31 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 74 °F / 23 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h from the East

Heat Index: 95 °F / 35 °C

Pati, so that's your secret weight loss plan. LOL
It's overcast (almost) and I'm getting ready to hang out some clothes.
86.7 °F / 30.4 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 56 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 8.1 mph / 13.0 km/h from the NE
Wind Gust: 15.4 mph / 24.8 km/h
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.