A few new blooms from June 1

somewhere, PA

Dianthus (one is Haematocalyx I believe)

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

And geranium (nana?) w/lewisia

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

And a newly planted trough

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

perhaps someone knows what the bright pink silene is? Its
self seeded EVERYWHERE. I keep pulling them but just had to
let a few bloom 'cause it is very pretty.

Thumbnail by Tammy
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Tammy, I don't know the name of the Silene, but it's reseeding like crazy here too. So is the little Geranium in your second picture.

Your last photo just shows the bottom of that beautiful trellis you posted in the Rose Forum. You should post the picture of the Epi and the trellis here too. It's too gorgeous for just one forum.

somewhere, PA

Here ya go! The epi is even more glorious today! I took more pictures &
will post them somewhere. I guess they should go in the epi forum. :-)

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

So gorgeous! Todd's going to love this picture too.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i love your rock walls, your containers on them and the trough. it looks big. i love all of the pinks and purples too.

somewhere, PA

I got an ID on the silene. Silene Armeria. PF says its possibly invasive.
Tam

somewhere, PA

Another shot of the epiphyllum.

Thumbnail by Tammy
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

just gorgeous. my epi had it's first bloom the other night and i missed it. i will not miss the next ones! lol

somewhere, PA

Thanks Debi. You'll have to post a pic when it blooms!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i will, if i have to stay up all night........O!

somewhere, PA

I'm a very casual epi grower. Do some only bloom at night? I've got three types. The
pink one in my pictures has blooms that last days. I've got a red one similar. The third has
white blooms that I rarely see open - perhaps they only open at night?

Can you grow yours outdoors year round Debi?

Tam
PS: Better get that pot of coffee started... its getting dark

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

yes, it's outdoors year round. i have it propped in a pot in the crotch of a cedar tree so it is protected from cold and sun. this one blooms at night and only lasts one or two nights. i think i have a couple of days to go, but they're getting there. the picture is a night-blooming cereus "Queen of the Night" that i had when i lived in the keys.

Thumbnail by trackinsand
somewhere, PA

Oooooo... AAaahhhhh....

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Amazing! And I thought I was looking at alpines (btw - I love your newly planted pot) but got sidetracked by the wonderful cacti!

Central, UT(Zone 5b)

Love that Epi! I've not grown these yet, but can see I won't be alble to resist their charm if I happen across one. The trough looks great as well!

somewhere, PA

Ally - they root pretty easily. Want a few leaves to try? (Warning - they take a lot of space
and are definitely not hardy for either you or me).

Tam

Central, UT(Zone 5b)

Hmmm I think I will have to take you up on that offer Tammy. I'll d-mail you in a week when I get back from NY.

somewhere, PA

Not that great a picture but here's my red epi. So... three types. Defintiely the one
that is prettiest is that pink & white one posted here first.

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Tammy, last time I checked, Epiphyllums were not alpines OR rock garden plants...not even in the tropics! (although they may sometimes grow epiphytically on rocks I think)...OK, if thats the case, I'll let it go! LOL! They are really quite lovely.

Your Dianthus is not haematocalyx....your flower stems are much too tall as haematocalyx has flowers held just above the foliage. Yours looks more like a deltoides selection.

Your Geranium is G. sanguineum. Mine are just starting to bud.

somewhere, PA

I found the tag on the diathus. Its called "dianthus minimounds". The haematocalyx is just starting to bloom.
Tiny little thing. I'll try to get a picture of it.

And thanks for forgiving our little transgression with the epi's. There were rocks in the background....

Tam

somewhere, PA

I finally got a shot of the real dianthus haematocytx in bloom.

Thumbnail by Tammy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.