The corner of my house is annoying me

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

aka, I'm annoyed at myself for the things I stuck there... :)

So here is the SW corner of my house. It's the lowest corner and has pretty soggy soil most of the time. I rescued an azalea from demolition a couple of years ago and plunked it just to the left of the corner. (Why, I don't know, seemed like a good idea at the time.) This year I planted a Hinoki cypress just to the right of the corner. There are irises in front of both bushes. I don't like the way it looks with two mismatched bushes on either side of a blank corner. Also, I suspect the irises (which I tranplanted from a friend in April) are not going to bloom this year and I think their foliage dies back and looks blah. I have a soft spot for the ugly rescued azalea and would rather not kill it by moving it (although if it can be moved without killing it, that's fine by me).

Any suggestions???

pam

Thumbnail by phuggins
This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!