How'd you choose your screen name?

Gosh, I thought I had this on my watched list! Guess not? This is just wonderful meeting everyone from GA. :)
~Elaine~

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

I have been so moved and inspired by these wonderful life stories!! I just love it when folks can share about their lives and be so open and honest. It is a blessing to me!

Now about my DG name: The names I wanted were already taken and I mean I tried TONS of them in all these diff variations. Berry is a part of my last name and you can take a wild guess about the girl part- lol!

Nope, not in a band, but I do play guitar! Close, very close, but no cigar!!

Doesn't have anything to hanging out with my fantastic gang of girlfriends either.

I think it's funny that people read into a screen name what they want to "hear" :)

Hey teateacher, I was a special ed teacher too. At first I taugh life skills to people with profound developmental handicaps, then I taugh highschool to a class of autistic boys. That was the hardest but best job ever. I think about them now. They should be graduated from school. Some in college, some out working now!

GGG

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

GGG,
I know the secret to your screen name but I'm not talking- lol!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

What a great thread... Teateacher, thanks for sharing too! Thanks everybody, it's great to read :)

Susan

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey GGG, had to jump in with the "Guessing Game", could it be because you like the Dixie Chicks and other Girl Groups??

Hey Eufaula wins! Yep. I collect records by girl groups. Not the Dixie Chicks, but groups with (at least a female vocalist, sometimes an instrumentalist) gals from mainly the 50's and of course the 60's.
Record collectors often get known, and then knicknamed for what they collect. So at one time all the dealers used to say "oh, yeah. You are that girl-group, girl. So the name stuck!

My latest loves are a modern group of girls from Japan that sound just like girl Beatles. They are Mama Guitar, and are really very good!

GGG

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

WOW! A CD is $30 on Amazon and no hearing samples! Imports are big bucks!! :) i knew it was something like that!!

Susan

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Congrats on the good guess for GGG's name! I have some old Janice Joplin albums I could contribute. Those are the kind of things I just can't seem to throw away and really don't want. I framed my "Meet the Beatles" album, but the rest are in my garage.

Roberta, GA(Zone 8a)

well, I'm old (54), a native Georgian and a proud Redneck
hench oldgaredneck :)

Conyers, GA(Zone 7b)

I live in the historic district in Conyers known as Old Town, and I like Billy Joel's music. Usually I have trouble getting screen names I want, but this one with a little twist on the spelling worked. It was a pleasant surprise.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Well mine is self explanatory especially since this is a Georgia forum. Thanks for all the info in this thread. Learned a lot about some nice people.

I met Mike Q. at a roundup and knew I liked him but didn't know we had so much in common. My dad died when I was 6 and I really didn't try to make grades in school, other than pass and get out in the world. At 65 went to college after being out of school for 47 years and finished with a 3.68 GPA in accounting. Inducted into Honor Society as well. Now if I could find a job. Might have to start selling at the farmer's market. LOL

Also Susan, Soulgardenlove, I have met and love her so much. Seems like a daughter I never had. She had told me about her mother and father before but not all the story.

And Bugme, Sharon, I met at a roundup. Super nice lady. Just as sweet as the SWEET tea that teateacher must be carrying around right now. She didn't say sweet but I drink mine sweet.

And Vi, I have been to several roundups with her. Just a dear sweet friend that will give you plants and more plants. Does a super job of hosting roundups also.

Thanks to all for your stories.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I Love you too Jim :)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

GGG How about Pulette Carlson and Highway 101. I have a CD if you would like a copy.
LMK. Some really great songs on it. My favorite "Walking, Talking, Crying, Barely Beating Broken Heart. "

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

A big country red neck here. LOL

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

More like a Big Teddy Bear :)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

A big country red neck teddy bear. LOL

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

You've probably guessed correctly, I'm Gordon in Valdosta.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Hineni is actually a Hebrew phrase that means "Here am I" - kind of a reminder that where I am today, I owe to G-d, and whatever I have, it's from G-d, and, wherever I am going...well, Here am I. It's found in the Tanakh (the Hebrew scriptures) in the mouths of Avraham, Yitzach, Moshe, Shemuel....people who were obedient and responded. The kind of person I always hope to be, with G-d's help.

Shalom,
~Sunny

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Couldn't think fast enough when I visited Dave's for the very first time, so I used my husband's handle he uses for all his sports sites. We live in Cordele and he loves the University of Georgia Bulldogs even when they lose to UT.

Deborah♥

Roswell, GA(Zone 7b)

Natalie is my first name. There are 4 members in my family, and our last name begins with B. That is how I became Natalie4B when my youngest child was born.

Sautee Nacoochee, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow!,
What a spectacular, uplifting and interesting way to get to learn a wee bit about so many "neighbors"! :D
This is a name I use online in many places as its seemed comfy to me before I even knew what it was from. Two 'sisters of my heart' gave me the nickname one evening as they had both recently read the "Mists of Avalon" series. I hadnt, but it seemed pretty comfy so I adopted it as nickname. Later on they told my why they had gifted me thusly- but *I* think it stems form teh fact that I am insatiably curious... and am almost never at a loss thinking of questions- however tactlessly put. ;) I was amusing for them, and for that Im grateful.

Ninnian

Alpharetta, GA

Nothing extravagant....First initial of Hubby, myself, dog, cat, dog.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

hey Fellow Georgians :) I'm just curious.. I am subscriber and love the full benefits of seeing everything Daves has to offer. I finally joined after all the plants I was googling ended up taking me to the plant files here.

Just wondering.. if you are a memeber and not a subcriber, what are you getting from the site?.. I can't tell since I'm just automatically rememebered every time I visit. Do you all know that lots of us member get together once or twice a year and swap plants and such. It's a real friendly bunch.

Susan

My kids :)

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Great thread.... such inspiring words. E(Elaine) F(Flanagan) Georgia...1 because the other was used on another site. love those pictures of the boys,,, this was at Atlanta botanical gardens??? Spring roundup is coming up in Georgia.... hope to meet lots of friends.. Can you post if you are only a member or do you have to subscribe?
Elaine (in Lizella)

Roberta, GA(Zone 8a)

Well, I'm old (by some standards, anyway!), a native Georgian and come from a long line of farmers who all proudly bore the trademark "redneck". I'm not able to farm, but sure as "grits are groceries" you'd better believe I am a PROUD redneck - therefore "oldgaredneck"!
Also, on a yahoo freecycle site I'm known as "manuremaniac"

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Elaine! yes, that was taken at the ABG.. I posted more pictures in the thread of the Niki Exibit started by EcobioAngie. Anyone can post in the GA threads I think! :)
Hey redneck.. I'm a manure maniac too!! I LOVE the stuff!!! :)

Susan

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have been collecting Raggedy Ann & Andy things for years so the name stuck. Sis in law calls me raggedy freak, and every time I'm at her house I end up with dirty hand from working in her yard.

another Susan

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

yeaaaaaa for another Susan!!!!!!!
:)
Susan

Hi Georgiaredclay, sorry not to answer you way back in early Dec. I hardly ever read this thread anymore...Pulette Carlson and Highway 101 is way way much later than my listening interests. There are a very few newer groups that I like, such as: http://www.sonoramiccommando.com/ for a country oriented group....http://www.chesterfieldkings.com/ for more 60's style sounds.... mainly I listen to original music of the era including old r&b and jazz queens, 60's soul mamas, 50's female country and rockabilly, 60's white girl groups. I also like famous ladies who sang and made records on the side. Brigitte Bardot is one of my favorites. Her song Harley Davidson is incredible! You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hx_b_xKwW4&mode=related&search= early Nancy Sinatra is also a big fave!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvoZRy209jY&mode=related&search=

GGG

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Where are YOU Now Jim?? :)

Susan

Pelham, AL

GGG - I started reading all the long threads - back in the summer you let the folks know where GGG comes from... I also collect music - lots of it - have a whole collection of Ladies of Rock. Prefer prog rock and psychedelic 60s-70s. Interested in some unusual stuff? Like Angel'N'Heavy Syrup? or Miranda Sex Garden? more recent, Ars Nova (Japan). These are all-girl bands - some heavy... all EXCELLENT, if you like that type of music. Interested? If you give me a few names of bands you like I can come up with similar ones. - BTW, AyJayAr is simply AJR - Andrew Joseph Rozsa (rozsa=rose, in Hungarian). Happens to be an old, old family name, going back to the 14th century.

Can I buy Wisteria, or do I hafta snag it from the wild?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Interesting thread...mine is pretty simple...first name and last intial...LOL My son asked me why I didn't use something more interesting...and I told him that when I signed up I was too tired to even worry about it, so "it" may be boring...but I promise "I" am not...LOL It seems eveytime I try to makeup a screen name it have to try several times, so I was really tickled that this one was a first time effort...LOL..I love Dave's and all of the wonderful people I have met here!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey Susan I am here. Just been busy and not having time to spend doing what I like to do. LOL
GGG, I thought you had disappeared never to return. I'll check out those sites later. Heading to see my grandson play basketball this afternoon. Susan I answered your email.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yea! Jim's back :)

Susan

Marietta, GA

I had to use my name so I wouldn't forget it!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL...that is a great reason too! Sound like me!

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Oldgaredneck: I'm 54 too and PLEASE don't tell me that's OLD! I'm banking on the fact that "old" is a state of mind and it doesn't sound like you're old at all!

Georgiaredclay: Congrats on getting your education and taking on a second career. I got my high school diploma normally but went to college with my youngest child, graduating one year ahead of her. So, I know how hard it is when you're working all day, doing to school every night and competing with 18 year olds for those grades. You have a lot to be proud of! sr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.