I finally get to post here!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

This is Stefanja, which will remain potted until I create my peach/melon/orange bed. The color in this pic is true. I've also had Sorpresa (a white walmart find) and Chianti bloom beautifully for me, but pics were not DG worthy. Last year (2005) I purchased Centerfold at walmart and they did great, but only 2 of ten are peeking out. I think I put them in a place that gets too much afternoon sun.

This year I bought several and all were planted inground in shady or part sun locations. I learned by lesson. I do love lilies.

Thumbnail by vossner
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Great job, vossner - and congratulations! They look great!!

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Those are gorgeous. Nice to see you out of the spring bulb thread, which BTW, is getting way too long.

I have a lot in bud, but nothing blooming yet. I just ordered a camara and, if lucky, should have it in time to catch my first bloom. Hopefully, it won't be too hard to figure out how to use.

I might be wrong, but I don't think the location would have much effect on whether the bulb comes up or not. The type of soil could have an impact. They don't like clay. Or it could be a critter. Or it could have been too wet over the winter.

well, I have the hardest of clay. added compost to the soil when planted, but maybe it wasn't enough amendment. Time will tell and I will brag accordingly, given the opportunity, lol.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Good job, voss! Glad to see you here.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beatiful! I like the sound of your peach/melon/orange bed. Melon and peach are colors I've found hard to work with in the garden. Orange I like with most anything.

Susan

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

OK, voss, Brag on! I'm most interested to follow along on your 'peach/melon' garden, too. Sounds very Texan.

I'm glad you've ventured out of the 'spring bulb bloom' thread too!

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Vossner - gorgeous color! My question is as follows: being that you live in a sunny part of the USA, have you noticed if some of your lily colors fade out? I live outside of Seattle - yes, that sun-deprived region of our country...every lily I grow seems to have very saturated color. This particular lily seems to glow - it is bright but not harsh. I think it would be more intense with less bleaching effect from the sun. (We don't have summer here until August!) Where did you purchase them? I finished an area March 2005 in which I used the golden-yellow to coppery-orange range of color. However, I have been unable to find lilies that had the same color quality as those in the photo. Thanks for the pictures - I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with your peach/orange/melon bed - more photos, please!!!
Take care.............

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Great, voss! Those are some we got from Wooden Shoe are'nt they? Mine should be opening soon. And great minds think alike; mine are in a new bed of peach, melon, salmon, and orange too!

thank you. I am proud and happy with these. The Stefanja never lost its color intensity. Then I had Menorca bloom, a pastel peach and that seemed to fade a little. However, being that the permanent home will be part sun, I expect that beautiful pastel peach to retain its color.

Yes Neal, these are the Wooden Shoe ones. they have been magnificent.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Vossner,

They are sooooooooo pretty. I'm glad Wooden Shoe came thru for you guys after I recommended it.

Mine are getting ready to bloom. Can't wait.

Polly

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

vossner,
Those are beauties! Your peach/melon/orange bed
sounds like it will be very pretty. Can't wait to see photos.
Sherry

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Those are beautiful! Are they Asiatics?
Sounds like a delicious bed!
Keep the photos coming!

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Mine haven't bloomed yet, but I expect to see them soon. All the pixies seem to be popping in the last few days.

I believe this is from a mixed package I bought from Easy to Grow Bulbs. Is it Stargazer?

Thumbnail by vossner
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Closer to Starfighter ~ it has a wider white edge. http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/57896/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.