Anyone interested in a Japanese Maple for pic up?

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

ALL GONE
If I find some more at my uncle's house Ill post more.

I have 2 japanese maple seedlings that need new homes if anyone is interested. I have three but want to keep one. I pulled these out of my uncles gardens in Hampstead, Md. and they range from about 1.5 ft to about 5 ft. You can pick wich one you want because I cant choose wich one to keep, LOL. I would be willing to meet up with you or if your close enough Ill even bring it to you or you can pick it up at my house and I promise to keep you safe from the zoo of animals and kids. The parent tree is growing in a connecting yard to my uncle's house, its been there for quite a few years(at least 5) and stands about 10 f or so, never really checked it out.
Attached is a pick of the leaves from the 5 ft tree to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Thanks much,
Janet

This message was edited Jun 9, 2006 2:33 PM

Thumbnail by Dravencat
Harford County, MD(Zone 6b)

Janet, that sounds like a wonderful offer and if I didn't have one started already, I'd take you up on it.

Last year I potted a baby one from my neighbor's yard then planted it in the ground in the fall. It hasn't grown a lot but it survived the winter and looks healthy. Ginny

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Ginny the funny thing is I meant to take the tallest one about 1-2 years ago, when I went up to visit a couple weeks ago the other two had started in his flower beds(luckily empty at the moment) and he told me repeatedly to take those too. I had no choice, when Uncle Joe says do something ya do it and then he feeds you afterword, but I did end up weeding out a corner bed for him and freeing a small rose bush from being overrun. Id do anything for him and he knows it so it wasnt hard to get me to do it anyway, LOL.

Im hoping someone will want these, they are beautiful but I dont have room for all three, they are potted up and everything.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Dosnt anyone want at least one? Please?

Waynesboro, VA(Zone 6b)

I would really love one of your beautiful maples. I'm just not sure about the distance.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I could get the smallest one in a box for you if you want it. The middle one might be too long I think for me to fit it in a box without worrying about damaging it. If you want one I can send you one for postage.

Waynesboro, VA(Zone 6b)

I sent you a D-Mail with my address. :)

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

going to check it now.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh my goodness, I just saw this thread............I want one!
Let me know if they're gone yet!

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Nikki I have one more to give away, you can choose between two, the smallest one has a home.

Waynesboro, VA(Zone 6b)

Janet,

I sent you a D-Mail.

-Elizabeth

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Janet,
Just wanted to say thank you so much for the Jap maple, it was nice meeting you and your girls! The tree is doing great, I haven't put it in the ground yet, but I finally know where it's going to go. I had a hard time finding where it could get a little shade. I have been working so much today. I had to jump when the ground was soft! Now it's storming like crazy! The two other goodies are doing well too! I have one in a front bed the taller varigated one, and the little creeper is going crazy on a side bed. I hope I will have something to share with you soon. Maybe in a couple of weeks or so, I can show you my progress!
Thanks again,
Nikki

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.