Hi from So. Oregon area

Roseburg, OR

Hi:
Brand new to this garden. I live in So. Oregon near Roseburg. Anyone else from my way? I am hoping I have a better vegetable garden this year than last year. Thank God, the rain finally stopped and the cold weather. Now if this holds out for awhile before another heat wave comes, I might get lucky!

SkyeBleu

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Hi and welcome. I'm not from your area but we have a cabin on the McKenzie River and vacation there very year. I love the entire lower half of Oregon. I have a good friend from high school that lives in Brookings - the coast is great too. And my in-laws live in Bend.

We live on the south end of Whidbey Island in Langley, WA. Less rain than you (except for maybe this year!) but I'm not sure about temps. What zone are you in?

We have our potatoes and pumpkins and strawberries in the ground. I put in shallots and garlic last fall. I think it's supposed to be ready in June sometime. This is our first year for that. And today I'm working on getting the tomato starts into the ground. I just pulled all the weeds in the hottest section of our yard (we are very sheltered by tall tall trees and that limits the amount of sunlight and also the length of day that we get sunlight. Just popped in for a cold drink and lunch and now will get back out there and plant plant plant! A day like today in the PNW is just *so* satisfying!

Oh, btw, we're having a 'roundup' up here in Washington - two in fact - one in June and one in July - so if you're interested in that, check out the roundup forum and look for two threads, one called something like Whidbey Island Garden Tour roundup and the other just called PNW roundup.

Gwen

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Welcome Skyebleu. I am in Vancouver, Wa. . You will just love it here at Dave's Garden. Informationa galore and wonderfully generous kind people too!

Lebanon, OR

Welcome, live in the Willamette Valley.

Enjoy all the plants and the sun (heheheh when we get some)

D

azalea, OR(Zone 6b)

I live between Roseburg and Grants Pass. This had been the wiredest weather, First three weeks of rain then the record heat then back to rain. The weeds love it!! Had to replant the peas, there doing ok for now. Got the beans planted right befor the last rain spell and was afraid they would rot befor germinating, but checked yesterday and they are starting to come up, poor things. Still need to harden off the peppers and eggplants. They are not happy being under the lights still, there good but big. And still have to plant the corn. Will try tomarrow if it stops raining for 1/2 a day. What are you growing this year?
Sandie OR 5/6

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.