anyone know a rain dance??

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

sorry for the caps.....
WE GOT RAIN FOR 2 HOURS LAST NIGHT!!!!!
Hallelujah indeed! We had very bad lightning and were w/o power for about 5 hrs.

Anybody else get rain? Were you w/o electric?

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Got a good rain very late last night. Anybody else get rain?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Dunwoody got RAIN!!!!! I am showing 1/2" in my rain guages!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

We got a good rain Friday night, plants looked so happy Saturday morning. Last night it stormed and poured for hours. According to our rain gauge, we have gotten 5 inches of rain. Hard to believe. Boy did we need it!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

I am so glad to see some of my fellow Georgians getting rain!!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots last night and lots again today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm much happier now!! Hopefully those folks up at Lake Lanier will be getting some of this too! :)

Susan

Please pray that south GA gets some real soon. We *need* some very bad. Haven't had a single drop since Alberto came through and that was the first we had had in a while. :-(

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Elaine,
am sending the rain your way!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm praying IO1. I've seen lightning in the distance but so far not a drop. I have some seedlings planted and I have been sneaking out late at night and watering them along with some still dormant centepede. Maybe I need to pray for not being so sneaky.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2006 2:27 PM

Oh ... thanks y'all. There's thunder in the distance? Some clouds? Maybe? Please oh please!
~Elaine~

Lilburn, GA

It is raining here!!!

Good for you, Spider!! Now *blow* hard!! LOL

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Okay, please stop dancing now. We got another 3 inches today, creek overflowed, back yard flooded again. I looked out once and thought our burn pile had moved downstream but when the water receded, it just moved up in the yard. Also, it looks like we got everybody elses'. Jeepers, creepers again.

Brenda

Brenda
Please package it and send it to Valdosta. We *still* haven't gotten any. :-(
~Elaine~

Cordele, GA

I hope it is coming your way, IO1. We tugged it home from Austell to Cordele today. It followed us all the way down I-75.

Beth

Lilburn, GA

did you get any rain Elaine? We had lots and it is still raining a little.

Can y'all believe it? We still haven't had a single drop! :-(

Hallelujah!!!!! It's pouring!!!! PTL, we are finally getting rain!!! :-) I only hope it's not beating the poor plants to death. It's coming down in buckets. I mean it's *really* flooding out there. I ran out to drag my pots from under the eves and out from under the carport where I have been protecting them from the harsh sun so they could get some of this gorgeous rain, but now I'm worried it might be damaging them as it's really coming down hard. Oh well, I won't complain. We *really* needed it real bad. Boy, I got soaked, but it felt soooo good!! LOL Thanks for all of you who have been praying for us way down south.
~Elaine~

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

YEA Elaine!!

We got rain most of the day yesterday.. I was working outside and it started about 12 noon and kept going off and all till evening. Wow! I'm so glad. I have planted several trees this season and I'm so glad they got the water they needed... And not to mention all the other things I've planted as well!! I was getting so tired of pulling and lugging hoses around!

Susan

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Susan!

Those hoses are heavy and you have to be careful where/how you're pulling them.

I want a remote hose control - like a remote tv control? Where you just carry around the water wand or hose end and the water pours out - but no long hose - it is somehow connected to the water spigot but you only have to carry a small device around the garden.

I feel sure with today's technology, it won't be long...

(Still steady rain in Dunwoody....)

Hot hot and steamy here this morning. The rain's gone for now but they're calling for more this afternoon, possibly heavy at times. We'll see. Congrats to everyone who has received much needed rain. I hope your beloved plants survive this wicked summer.
~Elaine~

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Sterhill,

You will be a billionaire if you invent that hose system.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

we have gotten a few touch and go showers over night. they only last like 10 minutes at a time. and a few tiny sprinkles here and there today while the sun is shining.

every little bit counts though.

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

We have gotten rain every day since Fri night. I am so thankful for it. My flowers, plants trees and grass have all perked up and thriving now.

I'm praying that everyone else who needs it gets some, too!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Soulgarden did they never agree to the plan to start sharing water from Lake Martin? I knew that several years ago it was in the works, but since Martin is an Alabama Power lake no telling what or when this might happen.

Berrygirl
I'm so so glad you got that rain, and your gardens are doing better. I'm proud for everyone else, also. Our rain came hard and fast last night, so a lot of it ran off ... but oh it was such a blessed relief. Am hoping for more in the next couple of days.

We had a very severe storm tonight and lost power for 2-1/2 hours. It's been a long time since I've seen lightening that bad. The rain came down in sheets, and I was *really* afraid my plants were doomed this time. There were outages over much of the city, downed power lines due to trees being down, blown transformers ... thus causing traffic lights to be out ... so there consequently were a lot of accidents. Also small fires due to power lines being down and lightening strikes. Maybe I danced a wee bit hard? I'm not sure how much rain we've received during the past 2 nights, but I think it's been pretty significant. However, it's been hard and fast. The ground has been so dry a lot of it will run off, but the plants are soaking it up. I set out my containers with my hostas and ginger lilies that Spider gave me, and they just loved it! Spider ... you can practically hear them singing! LOL It's amazing how much we take power for granted, though. I laughed at my DH. He was running into things trying to find candles ... and I was just doing my usual thing ... that is except for being on the computer. We met up in the hall and ran into each other. I said, "oh I'm sorry ... I forgot you can't see me." LOL LOL Poor thing ... I had to lead him around. hehehe
~Elaine~

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, we had a had rain last night too.. I just opened the shutters and saw some of my tall zinnia leaning way over... Gee, it's hard to always make a woman happy I guess! I'm going to try not to complain about it now!!

I have not been watching national news lately and until last night I had no idea that the North East including Washington DC ware getting flooded.. Saw the pictures and they were bad..

Araness, GA has been fighting for 16 years over shared water and I don't think there is an end in sight...

Susan

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

it was raining cats litterally last night while i was getting flooded. i mean flooded we were out trying to get the run off drain to drain my front yard. then i heard a small cry out of no where and the rest is posted here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/619975/

well today i am trying to get a new ditch dug for the water runoff in the yard and hubby should be home soo to help.

Well, we are getting more rain again. It's getting rough so I'll probably have to power down. Yes, it's pouring buckets again! LOL Y'all *better* be careful what you pray for!! LOL We got over 3 inches just last night!
~Elaine~

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I do what I can to stay out of the garden-- digging that is--- when it is wet. I do pull weeds. but at 93 degrees at 2:25 in full sun.... and it is very sunny now... I'll wait till dusk. It's a huge change for me.. I'm kinda bored since my hose lugging, watering routine has changed!!

I'll be reading the cat post!! I have the time now!!

:)

Susan

Lilburn, GA

Elaine, can you stop dancing now...please...pretty please???

I think I could hear your ginger singing from here. i thought they were little angels singing.

Believe me, Spider ... I ain't dancing no more!! LOL We just had another thunder boomer come through, and while I don't mind the rain ... I don't care for all the sound affects. Oh, and I *do* wish we could have a *little* bit of a gentle rain. Okay okay ... I'm not complaining. It's just now I'm worried about my tomatoes being beat down into the ground.

Cordele, GA

We had more rain yesterday and it was the slow fall that really soaks in. The weeds in the flower beds look much happier now.

Beth

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

It's getting dry again.
We got 2 small showers- yesterday afternoon and again last night. PTL!!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

It's more than just "getting dry" here. We only totaled 3/4" from the storms at the end of the month. But I'm hearing thunder! Come on, rain.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

5" last night...and looks like that much or more today ....would you like me to send you some...

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, please, and thank you.
Ain't it always the way? Sigh. Sheila

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm with you Sheila, I need rain BAD!!!
(BTW) do you know PJ? (Azalea)

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, she was one of the first here to welcome me. How lucky to have another DG'er in Jonesboro. Got her garden tour and everything. I brought her some of our baby Hellebores, and she wouldn't let me leave without a few of her pots, too. Terrific gal.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.