Getting clematis seed's to sprout

goodview, VA(Zone 7a)

I have had some very nice people on here give me some clematis seed''s. After i read on one package i am wondering how hard they will be to grow from seed. So i thought i would ask the expert's LOL. that's not me for sure. What is the best way to get these seed's started? Thank's for all your help.
God Bless,
Keith

(Zone 4a)

Which Clematis are the seeds from?

goodview, VA(Zone 7a)

Yea that might make a difference.I have Clematis intergrifolia, Clematis tangutica, 'Sweet Autumn' Clematis,and Clematis serrahfolia. Help with any or all of these will be appreciated.
God Bless,
Keith

(Zone 4a)

From Tom Clotheri's site:

"Clematis alpina, campaniflora, flammula, heracleifolia, integrifolia, macropetala, paniculata, potaninii, tangutica, and terniflora , Sow at 20ºC (68ºF), if no germination in 3-4 wks, move to -4 to +4ºC (24-39ºF) for 2-4 wks

Clematis columbiana, Sow outdoors late fall for 91% germ. in May/June. Indoor sowing in light at 20ºC (70ºF) should result in 50% germ. over the period of 2 to 10 weeks.

Clematis fremontii , Sow outdoors immediately after seeds ripen in midsummer. Germination begins in late fall.

Clematis occidentalis, Sow at 4ºC (39ºF) for 8 wks, move to 19ºC (65ºF) oscillating with cooler temps. at night.

Clematis mandschurica, recta, vitalba, and viticella , Sow at 18-22ºC (64-71ºF) for 2-4 wks, move to -4 to +4ºC (24-39ºF) for 4-6 wks, move to 5-12ºC (41-53ºF) for germination

Clematis virginiana , Sow at 20ºC (68ºF), germination slow. "

Augusta, GA

Please leave a link for this site to refer to.
Thanks,
ddensmore

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Tom Clothier's Garden Walk and Talk: http://tomclothier.hort.net/index.html

~* Robin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.