Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is a nice grouping.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

and another...

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I love the subtle colors of CHANGING SEASON.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Oops - that was just a bit TOO subtle lol! How about this?

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

another bit of scenery

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

This one was in shadow and was one f the most interesting ones of the day. BONNIE DAVENPORT

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

a last bit of scenery

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

and the tour ends with another shot of the first and last iris I saw, beautiful frilly FANCY STUFF.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

lilyfantan

love your pics--sounds like a wonderful garden visit this week. So many pretty iris! thanks for posting. t.

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh my goodness, I'm going to have to look at all these beauties tomorrow-should be a fun day.

I believe 'Foundation' is FONDATION VAN GOGH, Don't ask me what fondation means-must be french. :-)

Sandy

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/22469/

This message was edited May 27, 2006 9:15 PM

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Thank you Sandy! You know, in my notes I had written Foundation Van Gogh but didn't find it listed in the iris Eureka so I assumed I had combined the name and the hybridizer mistakenly. Then I noticed there was a Foundation listed. But now I see that I misspelled the Fondation part! The hybridizer's name on the marker was Anfosso which sounds spanish or Italian so maybe "fondation" is the Sp/It word for foundation? Wow, that really cleared up a lot for me. I thought I made a doozey of a mistake copying the marker

Believe it or not, we went to 3 more gardens after this one but this one was the biggest. Now I'm going to get to work on the other pictures lol!

This message was edited May 28, 2006 1:48 AM

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Where were these iris gardens located in TN? I love touring flower places.
Very good pics. Mine are almost gone :(

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi Teresa! I actually don't know the owners of this garden. I was tagging along with friends of theirs and fellow iris club members of theirs. They weren't even home when we visited but gave my friend permission for us to come and look. I have been meaning to join this iris club. They have a big show in May in Greeneville Tn. that I seem to miss every year due to end of school activites getting in the way. :-( I am more determined than ever to get to it next year. I do have pictures I haven't posted yet of some other gardens in the area with iris that I could take you to if you would like to come by some time! And a lot of them grow daylilies too!

Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

lol,lilyfantn,love the pics,this is the first time I've seen my garden in the eyes of others! The unknown space age iris with the wings you couldn't identify is another Devil's Fork,I have it in 2 places.Also the Arabian Story name is wrong,that is actually a picture of Bal Masque :-)

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi TnTigger!! Teresa, since I posted these pictures, I finally made it to one of the iris club meetings and met Tntigger and her DH. I have to say that these pictures don't do justice to this beautiful garden. I have the most trouble when it is sunny out. But you can see this didn't stop me from clicking away like mad. My biggest problem was that I kept hyperventilating and saying ooo and aahhh so much that I kept fainting and Ingrid and Pearline would have to rush over and throw their iced tea on me lol! Seriously Tntigger, this morning in your garden is responsible for the diggin up of half of my front yard! And thanks so much for the name corrections - I will go back and fix them! I just can't wait to see the ones bloom that I got from you off e-bay!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Please post your ebay info. I always can use a good source for flowers! I belong to the SKIS in Bowling Green. I loved TB iris before dls, Susan. I also collect hosta. You have some wonderful plants Tn.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/59005/index.html

Is anyone growing Judy Mogil? I was wondering how hardy it is and how it performs. I so it in the Iris Show this year and it was impressive!

Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thank you for the complements,I'm so glad Susan's great photography hid the weeds; - ).I just got Judy Mogil this year,so I don't know how it will grow in this area.New Perspective grows here for me,a flat-top,and the blooms get absolutely huge despite its slow increase. I don't think I'm allowed to mention my name from ebay selling. I believe lilyfantn can,but I can't because that would be advertising...I think that's the way it works?

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I love to mention it! Tntigger's name on e-bay is the same. Tntigger! I'm so glad I am able to mention this. The one iris club meeting I was able to make was so interesting because Tntigger and her DH were telling us about the national iris convention they had been to in the spring out on the west coast where all the big iris sellers are. They were telling us about how HIGH CHAPPERAL by Schriener's was voted best iris of the year (I hope I have this right lol) and how it is so much more beautiful in person. I was just drinking all this in like a groupie at a movie premier! :-)

Hi bluegrass Mom - I'm doing my best to keep up with my dls and iris. I haven't gotten into hosta yet. In fact my whole backyard is sorely neglected. It is pretty shadey so someday I'll have to do some shade gardens. Hmmm, what should I hint for for Christmas.... a new macro lens or a garden helper? hee hee.

Hebron, KY

Hi Lilyfantn,

Thanks for all the great photos! I loved drooling over all of them!

Was the pic you posted at 4:16 (the one you didn't know), the one posted at 8:11 as Megabucks? I love that Iris! Beautiful! Gotta get that one!

Thanks Tntigger for having all those beauties so we can all drool!

Marilyn

Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi Marilynbeth,thanks so much for the kind comments! I believe after re-looking at it that 4:16 might be Backstreet Affair....I couldn't tell which bed the pic was snapped in but I think that might be it. I'll post another pic of it and let you decide...

Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

This was in sun and my camera;

Thumbnail by Tntigger
Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

And here's another in morning without sun which makes the color richer

Thumbnail by Tntigger
Hebron, KY

Hi Tntigger,

Yes, those 2 photos match the Back Street Affair pic in the plant forums. Both Back Street Affair and Megabucks are beautiful!

Thanks for the info!

Marilyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.