Asarina 'Red Dragon

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I really like this vine, although it tends to get a little wild .

Thumbnail by jerodsmom
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I like that vine too. Mine has managed to hang on here and I think I've finally found a spot it likes because its taking off now.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Susie, if you aren't careful it will take over your yard. It is a rampant grower.
I finally bought a tall wire frame for it to grow up and even with that it is creeping around in the flower bed in all directions. It is getting a vine cut again today.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Mine doesent look like that when it blooms
It doesent open up as much......
and its darker

wonder if its the climate here.....

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

It might be because of the weather . My brugs. never seem to get as dark as everyone elses.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

It looks beautiful. May I ask where you had bought it from?

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Mine's a bit more orderly--but it's early yet. lol

Thumbnail by dmj1218
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very pretty! I wonder if that's the same one I bought. When I saw it blooming at the nursery, I couldn't believe the size of the blooms....they were huge!
:) Donna

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I grew mine from seeds Seedpicker was kind enough to give me. It may not be that same variety but it is that same plant. (does that make any sense?lol). Mine hasn't bloomed yet so we shall see. My first time growing this plant and so far I'm impressed with it. Holding up to the heat and humidity like a real soldier and I'm excited for it to bloom.

I really love Asarinas, I had no idea they would take over like morning glories in warmer areas. Nice photo!

Joseph

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I got mine from Kell, I think it was a rooted cutting but I can't remember exactly.
If they haven't burst open, it has seed pods.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I was out looking at mine this morning and the flowers do look a little darker than in the photo. I may have taken the picture in the afternoon when the sun was really bright in that area.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.