minature garden

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Michele, hi. I WILL get over there one day for sure!! I would love to see your place...and of course you are welcome here anytime!! And so is everyone else!
Well they are all planted..oops..almost all..lol! The ones on my garden shed are half planted! I had these wave petunias to put in there...and they were wayy too big..the root system. These are just little boxes. Sooooooo...I had to get some more petunias..smaller ones. These boxes get the West sun...so everything fries in them very easily.
If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I will finish them up.

Southern...thanks!!!

Southwest, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Chele, was up in your neck of the woods this weekend. Was showing some homes. Nice area but can't get cell phone reception.

Maggie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I know it's not funny Marcy, but I am laughing about the petunias. :)

Darnnit! I wish you had my number Maggie! You could have swung on by and observed my impending farmerness. LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL Chele! I STILL havent planted them! All it does is RAIN!!!!!!!!! Geesh!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I wanna know where you are going to put all those monster petunias since they aren't going to fit in anything much longer? LOL

We've had a bunch of rain too. I think it rained all day yesterday and was cool too. We woke up at 3:30am with no electric and it didn't come back on until about 9am. It was warm and nice today but that one cool wet day sure cooled off the pool water! I managed to mow the grass, plant about 20 hems, pack up five boxes of plants and get hubby to the post office by noon and also start emptying out my hoop house. I didn't get as much done as I wanted but I still have tomorrow to work on my goals. LOL

Southwest, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Chele! I kept looking around for someone on a tractor but couldn't find you.
Oh well, sold a home though!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

WOohoo!! Way to go Moonit!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Chele.... I bought a BIG pot to put them in! LOL!!
Congrats Moonlit!! And the reason you couldn't find Chele was....... she was probably under the tractor ..fixing it!!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Anyone see Paul James' "Gardening by the Yard" this weekend? He did a segment on formal knot gardens and the guest showed how to do a miniature knot garden in a container. He used two varieties of thyme and one other perennial herb. I don't see the show listed on the episode guide just yet: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/episode_archive/0,1783,HGTV_3842_67,00.html

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Gardenwife! I will check for it when it comes up! Not there yet. Sounds intreresting for sure!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

He had 80 plants packed into a roughly 2' square planter!

Southwest, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL! Marcy, now I know where to look for Chele!
Thanks for the Congrats. It's the only way to get more plant and garden art money. My husband has cut me off. Hahahahaha! or so he thinks!

Some years ago I was at the Philadelphia flower show and they had an exhibition of miniature knot gardens. They were adorable. Somewhere I have pictures. i will have to look for them and scan them.

Check out this picture and this article on miniature knot garden. Maybe who owns this picture is lurking and can tell us how the did it. It is cool.

http://flickr.com/photos/fnkymnky/129286319/

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_design_small_space/article/0,1785,HGTV_3572_1375920,00.html

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Wow Gardenwife! That must be amazing!
Moonlit..that little knot garden is just beautiful! I can only imagine how much work it takes to keep it looking that way!

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Moonlit...The person who owns the Photo is FnkyMnky....

If you go to the flkr site and click on her name, there is a link to her ..It appears she is a Photographer, not the Knot Garden creator, but perhaps she could tell you where it is located..

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The reason you couldn't find me is because I don't have a tractor. Boooo hooooo. I do however have an extra house that needs to go away. LOL No, I have not sold it yet. No, I have not listed it yet. WHY? I have too much work and fun at the new house and can't force myself to finish cleaning up and painting the othe one. LOL

Southwest, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Dusty. Found out the garden is in Filoli Gardens in California.

Chele, LOL. I did that when I moved to Cincinnati. it took me 5 months to return to New Jersey to clean and paint the house to get it ready for market.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Ummm, we are going into our eighth month at this house.............When I think of what I pay for the other house-mortgage, insurance, taxes and duplicate utilities....I could buy a tractor outright and pay cash in about 7 months. LOL OUCH!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Badseed,
Why not just hire someone to get your old house cleaned up and painted? I know - it sounds easier than it is!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, everybody-- just taking a peek at the cute miniature gardens. Do miniaturists have a society or 'show'? That would be something to see!

When I went to the plant sale and garden tour HenryR (Ric) let us know about (in Clermont Cty, east suburb of Cincinnati) a few weeks ago I saw several of her fairy gardens in miniature. She was selling plants too. Looks like a fascinating hobby. New to me.

Just last month I visited Filoli in Woodside, CA, and saw the miniature knot garden pictured above. They had another one similar (but different) to match on the other side of the path. I'll see if I can find my pics of them. That garden was really something to see.

Badseed--sorry to hear your real estate is bogging you down. The RE market seems to be a challenge right now. Good luck with that.

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Where is your old House Badseed??

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Tabasco...I really don't know if they do or not? I had never even seen another miniature garden when I made mine! It was suggested to me just yesterday that maybe I should consider entering it in our county fair. My hubby looked at me like, "Yeah? And just WHO is going to carry it up there?" LOL! I may look into it!

Southwest, OH(Zone 6a)

Tabasco
In Philadelphia there was a miniature garden society some years ago. I took a lesson and made a few miniature garden. I will look for some of the pictures I have when they exhibited at the Philadelphia flower show. The Primitive Kitchen in Milford sells miniature shovels, garden carts, arbors and other stuff to make miniature gardens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.