Pink Jasmine

Lynnwood, WA

Has anybody had luck with pink jasmine here in the northwest? I have it in a big pot and although the plant seems to be growing very well, it hasnt bloomed at all. I have it in a sunny spot and water it when the upper two inches of soil gets dry. It was kept in a covered patio for the winter. I believe my zone is 8a.

Anybody have any ideas?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I have Jasminum x stephanense which is light pink and it is a vigorous grower, often holds leaves until our 2 week cold-snap. It's been in its spot for almost a decade and I did cuttings and grew a few hundred plants from it. I think your plant will do better in the ground or be patient in the container. I remember mine took a year or two to start blooming. A trellis helps support it.

Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

I have a pink jasmine that won't do well, and I can't figure out why. Sure hope you get the answers so I can have them too. LOL

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Well, mine has the roots in a cool raised bed with the top in 1/2 sun, organic soil and kept evenly moist. It seems to regret going dry and slow release fertilizer. The rooted cuttings took a while to get going.

Lynnwood, WA

Thanks growin. I have a post for the plant to climb up on.

I do think gardening is the best way to learn to be patient!! :)

Portland, OR

I planted pink jasmine, Jasminum polyanthum several years ago and lost it the very next winter. It blooms in winter but hadn't bloomed before freezing.

I know when it is potted it hates drying out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.