Yet another feeding question...micronutrients

St. Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

I know I have a thing about feeding stuff to my plants, but now I'd like to know if anyone uses a micronutrient supplement like earthjuice microblast www.earthjuice.com

Thanks,

Maureen

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Good question, awaiting replies!

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

I use Superthrive, which is also one of those micronutrient supplements. I don't know if one is better than any other- my daughter uses it also. Our unscientific observations have been that the plants tend to be more tolerant of our horrible climatic conditions...it is so hot here that many of our plants in full sun, in the summer, will wilt even though they do not need to be watered- when we use ST regularly the wilting stops. We use it w/ transplants, cuttings, soaking seeds and when we have plants that we want to baby. I can't say that I notice immediate changes as much as I notice long term, more blooms, greater growth, improved color, etc.
Hope this answered some of your questions.
April

St. Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Darius--I was starting to feel silly with all these fert/feeding questions :p

April--I used to use superthrive all the time, just haven't bought any yet this year. I have read controversy from both sides saying it's the best thing ever or it's useless, but I use it because it can't hurt.

Right now I am thinking about this Chi product: http://www.planetnatural.com/site/chi-foliar-spray.html or maybe something with humic acids; like this: http://www.waralon.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=GHP-1352 although I am still reading up on the effects.

I really hope someone who's tried these types of things will give a testamony.

Maureen

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Maureen and all...

Wish I could chip in and give some feedback but I've never used those things before. (I bought some bottles of "Spray and Grow" about ten years ago but I bet they are still in my garden cabinet to this very day!)

However, you might find some good results from folks in the Garden Products Forum. Wanna try over there?

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/products/all/

Hope this is helpful!
Shoe.

I have heard good things about Spray and Grow. As for SuperThrive it seems to be a matter of preference, however, since Texas A&M recommends it and I respect their agriculture school, and it's not terribly expensive, I am going to continue to use it, I think it has proven itself to me as far as micronutrients go.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

April, Spray and Grow comes out of Rockport, Tx. I wonder if it is made by the same folks as Superthrive. Just curious.

Does Superthrive give any ingredients on their label? Again, just wondering what is in it.

Thanks!
Shoe.

Shoe
I don't know if both are made by the same company, haven't really looked into it; Superthrive has the worst lableing of any product ever- it's all in very small print and for me that's the kiss of death. If you go to their site I don't think you can get a complete list. They say something about hormone but I believe that it's really more micronutrients- it's smell is quite like liquid baby vitamins.
April

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Okay, thanks! (I hear ya on the fine print stuff...my eyes don't recognize it either!)

I checked the ingredients on Spray n Grow..."Guaranteed Analysis": Iron, .10%; Zince, .05%

That's all they list so I assume the rest is only water. However, their main description says "a Micronutrient complex that acts as a Bio-Catalyst". Go figger, eh?

Oh well, think I'll just continue doing what I've been doing all these years. Maybe one day I'll give this stuff a try though. Like chicken soup, "it couldn't hurt".

Shoe.

That's pretty much my attitude, and I am always looking for something that will give me a little edge...greener leaves, longer lasting blooms, more growth. Heck I'd be willing to try casting spells if I thought it would do something! LOL.
April

Cincinnati, OH

"Heck I'd be willing to try casting..."
aprilwillis

Worm castings might work.
Larry

http://www.dirtworks.net/worm_castings.html

LOL, that's funny!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.