My new purchases

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I came home from the nurseries laden with new plants and some are already planted! This is pulsatilla albana

Thumbnail by Galanthophile

I like the inside

And outside

Anemone bracteata

Narcissus Sundisc

Primula yargongensis

Saxifraga luteo viridis

I got 2 alliums - insubricum, sikkimensis and caeruleum - just leaves but I'll post the flowers when they arrive. I also got crocus etruscus, and some shade plants (epimedium, trillium, podophyllum, colchicum, anemonopsis macrophylla and this primula x pubescens Christine.

(Zone 4a)

A nice collection, and fine pictures.

I have four Pulsatilla albana by seed. I was told that they
are finicky. Of course, in your Zone they will most likely
be more affable than here in Zone 4. But.... I keep
hoping.

Thank you for sharing.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

I have the yellow form albana. Very reliable but slow to increase. I grew mine from seed; took 3 years to reach flowering size (have patience Corinne!), blooming 2 years ago for the first time. Last year I had 2 flowers; this year there are 4 buds.

I used to have P. yargongensis but alas the root weevils got to it ( like most Primula) and it is now part of my distant past. The Sax looks interesting. Not familiar with that species but it looks to be a Porphorion type (related to the Kabschia). Beautiful rosettes.

I just got my order from Alpines Mont Echo...only 6 plants since I really have no space. I'll post the darlings later. Needless to say, there are some Saxs among them!

Todd your comment about space made me smile, having no space has never stopped me! I get my plants home then think about where to put them and nowadays that usually involves taking something out. It's an illness I think....

(Zone 4a)

Three years?

Aaaaaargh!

I shall be patient!

I lost one plant. Now down to four, but they are
looking good.

Cincinnati, OH

"...space has never stopped me!"
Galanthophile

I am digging up lawn for two Elepidote Rhododendrons. I had planned to buy a small Azalea. I admire the great selection of plants you have in the United Queendom. I will probably end up buying bare root plants from Glendoick.
Larry

Larry - my lawn has shrunk quite considerably over the years. I've just dug out some phlox and astrantia today that were taking over my east facing bed - that has created quite a bit of room but there are a whole load of plants waiting to go in...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.