Globularia

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

These are new to me but I fell in love with them. I got spinosa and Blue Bonnets. This is velutina

Thumbnail by Galanthophile

A close up

Spinosa

Meridionalis

This the Blue Bonnets I bought.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

My Globularia meridionalis is just budding...I grew it last year from seed. The 'Blue Bonnets' is very nice. I must admit that I've never grown them before so I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform.

Central, UT(Zone 5b)

I really like the dark blue of G. velutina and 'Blue Bonnets' is a cutie. I just bought some G. stygia and started seed for G. cordifolia this year. So this is my first year with Globularia as well. I doubt I'll have any blooms until next year.

Well let us know how they do for you both.

(Zone 4a)

Todd, did you get good germination results from your seed?

Corinne

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Hi Corinne; I did get reasonably good germination. I did stratify the seeds first (I do with most alpines). I had about 12 G. meridionalis seedlings. Only the one I planted in the alpine house at the Bot garden is flowering. Mine at home will be waiting until next year. A friend has G. bellidifolia which is also wonderful.

Ally, I tried G. cordifolia but it only survived 3 years...it did flower before it expired. The flowers are quite small on that species. You might have better luck since I think that one prefers a more continental climate.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Here is the first bloom on the G. meridionalis from our BG. I grew them last year from seed but this is the only one to bloom.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland

Cute flower with more to come.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.