Oxalis

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I had a fantastic time at the 2 alpine nurseries I went to yesterday and have lots of pictures to share. I got 16 plants so came away well satisfied. First of all these 2 oxalis really caught my eye - this one wasn't for sale though.

Thumbnail by Galanthophile

This one is Gwen McBride - a bit similar to Patagonia for me to buy it

Thumbnail by Galanthophile
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Oxalis are my favourites! Those are quite stunning. Unfortunately, a mouse got into my cold frame and eat most of my Oxalis bulbs this winter. I was poisoned as a few are ones I may never be able to find again. I just got Oxalis 'Ute' and ennaphylla 'Minutifolia' to act as replacements.

I've had mice in my raised bed too and I'm sure that's what accounted for fewer crocus.. What a shame when they are such prized plants! I have Minutifolia in bud just now. I wish I had taken more photos of the display plants now. Although by the time I'm finished posting.. loads more to come!

somewhere, PA

Gorgeous! I'm waiting for the oxalis I bought as bulbs last fall to bloom. They look very healthy.

Todd - sorry to hear those mice ate your prized oxalis! My chickens dug up my new cypripedium
last week. Very frustrating!

Tam

(Zone 4a)

My one and only, Oxalis adenophylla.

Thumbnail by taramark

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.