How long 'til they show?

Wayne, PA(Zone 6a)

I planted about 15 lily bulbs in early April. Only one has poked its head up, about a week or so ago. Do you think the others will show up or do I have to figure that something went very wrong?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Are they all the same type? I have some that are 3 ft. tall and some that are just emerging. I'd give it a little more time before you need to worry. :)

Wayne, PA(Zone 6a)

Moby: No, they are not all the same--some are Asiatic and some are Oriental. We have not had consistently warm weather yet and nights have been in the 40's and even 30's, so I suppose ground temperatures still are on the low side. On the other side, three lilies I planted last fall (as plants, rather than as bulbs) have been up for a month or so. I will keep hoping.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

My established lilies are further along than the more recently planted ones. IYours are probably just fine and will make an appearance soon.

Wayne, PA(Zone 6a)

Good news. Two more are poking up their heads. This gives me some confidence that most of them will put in an appearance eventually.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Last year I put in Asiatic and Oriental lilies and waited and waited and waited some more. Nothing emerged, so I thought faulty bulbs,and wrote them off. Well to my surprise this spring, I have lilies that evidently are shy, because the foliage is really vigorious, and am now waiting for the blooms.

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Lilies need cool soil to root, so if you plant them too late in the spring or in the summer, they may not show the year planted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.