Show Me Your Arbors, Pergolas, etc.....

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

That's a beauty! I love the iron also........such a nice shape!

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Very, very nice. Are you planning on putting pots in the squares on the sides or will you line them w/ moss or something? Can't wait to see it in place and planted!!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is my Trellis I got for Christmas.....Want to plant some New Dawn Roses on it, but know it will take a few years for them to grow. This year I will plant Morning Glory on it, and it shoud fill up both sides in 6 weeks.....any other ideas out there on what to grow on it??

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Everybody's pergolas and arbors are gorgeous, and I'm envious! All I have is a 5 x 20 balcony -- no room for these beauties.

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

That's beautiful Deann, what a beautiful entrance to your garden!!

Are you looking for something to plant temporarily on your arbor? You're in the same zone as I am and there's a lot of things that are vining & gorgeous for us as annuals that are perennials for other zones. There's also perennials that die back to the ground so they could easily be moved in a few years.

How about Mandevilla? That would be gorgeous on that arbor! Leave it in a pot and bring it in to overwinter. You could use it every year till the Roses fill in. Then get another arbor/trellis for Christmas in a few years just for the Mandevilla! LOL!

Moonvine, Cypress Vine, Passion Flower Vine. About a gazillion Clematis you could choose that would be sooooo lovely and fitting for that area.

What's your favorite color and form of flower? Why not plant something there on the opposite side of the Rose that's a permanent planting that blooms at a different time than the Rose does? Pick a fast grower that'll fill in the empty spaces...you can always prune back and move it later.

You might like this page http://www.taunton.com/finegardening/pages/bg0001.asp

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Luv your arbor, Deann!
:) Donna

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

heathrjoy......thank you for that link......very interesting......I will keep you all posted on what I put in. As much as I love the Mandevilla, I don't think it would do well here in Northern Michigan. I would love to put Clematis on there as well, but that is one plant I have a hard time growing. I do have 3 different ones growing but they are not as thick and showey as I would like them to be on this trellis.

Deann

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

BDunn, I think BH&G featured an umberella in a pot last year. I remember showing it to my neighbor; will look for it. Those of you posting your lush yards are doing a great service in the 'inspiration' dept. thanks.

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I love that link, heathrjoy!

Deeann- where did you get your keyhole arbor from? I have been wanting a piece of trellis with a keyhole to block off a sheer drop on the north side of my house, but I can't find anyone with that style of trellis. Do you know where it came from, or did someone build it for you?

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Ivy1.........got it as a christmas present, but it came from a Lumber Yard in my area....I believe its brand is called TuffCoat...let me find the paper work for it, and I will email you the information.....Please give me a few days......I understand the cost of it was around $150.00 ...somewhere in that rang......

Deann

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Thanks so much, Deann!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Ivy1

check out this website....this is the name of the company that made mine....

http://www.tuffbilt.com/tbmain.html

Deann

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Now my DH says he wants to expand the deck, reaching around to incorporate the edge I'm trying to block off. That means a gate instead of a trellis.... we'll see whether this happens or not! Maybe I should buy the keyhole piece anyway. I can always find a place for it!

Champaign, IL(Zone 5a)

i had a local ironworker make this for me .. its in two parts and then wired together at the top. stakes off the bottom.

Thumbnail by greenobsessed
Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Very, very nice!

Well I've been chipping away, I got the edges cut on my top rafters, everything sanded, and a coat of primer on everthing. I just have to paint, and then we can put it together, then I gotta plant all my stuff.
It's a long process!

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Good luck, Nicki! I for one don't have the skill or patience to build any pieces myself, so I admire your work. Definitely post more about it, and pics when the time comes!

Greenobsessed- That is so beautiful. I love the onion dome shape.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Greenobsessed......that is beautiufl...you can hire out to have weddings in your yard.....

nikki........your arbor wood???

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Greenobsessed, I love your ironwork. Very original and beautiful! Wedding was the first thing that came to my mind also.

(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Green, that is BEAUTIFUL! I so desperately want to walk through there. How heavenly!!!!

I've been working and having trouble with some theft on the computer, so I was getting more security, changing my passwords and all that stuff. My arbor is going to be wood. I still have to paint before I can put it together.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

My pergola, that my DH and my dad built several years ago. It looks a little different now. Where the black fountain is, there is a short, wide trellis that is entirely covered by clematis. Also, we had french doors put in on the wall to the right, and there's a small deck with a bench and tall planter.

Thumbnail by kbaumle
(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Picture please, kbaumle! That sounds lovely!!

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

kbaumle- that is just gorgeous! I want it!

French door pics, please?

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

greenobsessed....is that in the shade?? if so what do you have growing on it??

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Covered patio, my DH built last year, it now has inclosed handrails, so his beloved pooch can come outside with him... Its our favorite room. We put the clear cover on so we would still get the sunlight.. we need all we can get...

This message was edited Jun 17, 2006 8:05 AM

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Then he built me this arbor, from recyled timbers and metal screening... way at the back of the pic.. its covered now with honeysuckle, and hanging baskets..

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Ivy for starting this thread: all are so beautiful... I love gardens, and outside rooms...
Viv

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Hey, don't thank me. I got talked into starting it. Thank your DH's, kids and other Dave members who contributed to this amazing thread...

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Vizz, so beautiful! I love the clear cover. Your second picture is so homey.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.