What 'spin has been up to

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

This is something like crafts and something like decorating. A former fellow-classmate of my husband's (in medical school) and his wife-who-is-his-office-manager recently relocated their office to a building that was build in the early 1930's. The building is being restored, and they jumped on the boat: they decorated in the theme of Los Angeles-1930's. When they called to invite us to the openhouse, I thought, "Why not give them something classier (and longer lasting) than a bottle of wine?"

My next thought was, "What the heck is LA-'30's???" Well, thank heaven for the Internet! -- Los Angeles in the 1930's was ArtDeco, specifically 'Skyscraper Deco' -- despite the fact that LA had no skyscrapers until the 50's -- and the first big flush of Hollywood and the talkies.

So with 14 days and counting, I hit eBay and Michael's big time and, voila, I was quite pleased with the shadowbox I was able to produce.

Here, all-but-done (before putting behind the glass):
~'spin!~

Thumbnail by crystalspin
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!