In search of inspiration for my "outbuilding" ;o)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Since I managed to get another thread offtrack with my outhouse "vision", I thought I'd start a thread here.

We live in the country (sort of - not as "country" as it was six years ago when we moved in....), and I'm in the planning (plotting?) stages of building a potting shed that looks like an outhouse, crescent moon and all, adjacent to my vegetable garden.

So, please...if you have any photos or links to photos of "real" outhouses, or even pseudo-outhouses created by mischievous gardeners like me, please share them.

My plan is to make it roughly 4x5 (maybe a bit larger) to hold my vegetable garden tools during the summer months. I thought I'd look for an old small window to place in the roof as a "skylight" so it wouldn't be quite so dark in there, and maybe even an old shower head mounted to the outside with a connection for the hose - there are times a quick "rinse" would be great!

For those who care to watch or progress (or simply gape with astonishment that anyone would do something so outlandish), I'll post photos as we enter construction, up through the final product.

This thread has 66 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!