First time with baggy method = )

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

It's been about a week and I just potted up some sprouts of Salvia Patens, red Abutilon, Pineapple Sage and Linanthes French Hybrids. There were a few duds but then again I'm not certain about that so I just folded up the papertowel and put it back in the bag to see if they are "late bloomers."

Question--the temps here are a little cooler than normal but nice. Is it too early to put them outside in a protected area? Or should I wait until they grow up a bit.

Thanks.
Donna

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I would set them out in a shaded area first. They are too tender to endure much sun. After about a week of this, I thing they would have acclimated, and would be okay to plant out.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you! I have a nice newly shaded half of a patio. The apartment owners built brick dividers between each townhome unit's patio area and now half of the patio is now all shade but will give off a little warmth from the brick.
I found the winter sowing info a bit late for me to make use of this year but definely will be giving that a try this winter. It's been very mild here weatherwise as well so maybe they'll ease into the Carolina weather. Thank you again for your advice:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.