Ideas for a Fantasy/whimsical Garden Area

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

My adult son came home to roost about a year ago. Good thing for me because I made a 350 mile move to previously uninhabited land and he helped every step of the way.

Okay, he wants to claim the area of ground outside his bedroom window as his garden design area.

There is already a flowerbed under his windowon the left, which will stay. We have a shsort South Magnolia just to the right, off camera and a 5' Chinese Magnolia next to the turkey oak, just in front of the wheelbarrow. These 2 magnolias will stay and grow up to for a good shade canopy.

We talked today and decided to purchase 20 Leylandii Cypress trees, (3 footers) and space them around the area from the left corner (leaving a walk opening), across to the right, then back along the wild foliage to cut back across to the corner of the backyard fence. This will box in this area with year round evergreen. It will act as a windbreak on 3 sides. I want to plant confederate jasmine which most likely will remain evergreen here, on the fence. So the area in the middle will be private and protected.

Thumbnail by MollyMc
This thread has 44 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!