Second week of May in Newfoundland

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

It's been a cold week this week...temps only 45-50 C compared to 60-70 last week. The plants have slowed again. Here a few new ones that opened anyway. This is Draba brunifolia.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

A Juno Iris called I. magnifica. I placed a black board behind it for that 'professional' look!

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Mertensia lanceolata.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Saxifraga 'Walter Irving'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

and an artistic picture of my Pulsatilla.

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Central, UT(Zone 5b)

That Mertensia is superb! I love blue flowers too. In fact, I just ordered a couple different varieties of Mertensia.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

That one is native to your area I think...thus I may have problems with it. I just had a shipment of plants arrive from Beaver Creek...among them is Mertensia primuloides.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

That lanceolate foliage on the Mertensia is sure un-genus like. I'll bet you could stump people for ID when it is not in flower.

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Very artistic! I think putting some card beind a flower really sets it off and focuses the eye on the details with no distractions. Love the pulsatilla especially.

Central, UT(Zone 5b)

Yep mine are coming from Beaver Creek as well. I ordered the one pictured here M. lanceolata and the M. macdougallii. I haven't had a spot to plant any until this year so I'm pretty excited.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.