Full size japanese maples?

Redmond, WA

Where, in washington (or even oregon/idaho) can I buy a couple full size japanese maples for discount as well? nursery down the street sells a 6' tall scrawny sapling for $120+

How long do they fill out for the taller versions (i ask cause my dwarf red japanese maple is huge, but 15 years old.)

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Not sure about the discount part...
Here are some that have good selections:

Woods Creek Nursery in Washington
www.woodscreeknursery.com

Forest Farm in Oregon
www.forestfarm.com

Best wishes,
-Tif

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

The best Japanese Maples are at Medina Nursery in Bellevue. They have every kind and many large ones. No Large JMs are cheap. They are located just off the 92nd st exit off 520 going to seattle. One of my favorite nurseries.

Redmond, WA

excellent - i'll check them all out.

thanks all

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

BrokenGeiger, I 2nd on Forest Farm, they have a huge selection of Acer Palmatums, they are very careful with shipping them. I've never had a complaint. I just keep adding to my collection every year. I have a want list of about 30 Acers P's. lol hostajim1

North Plains, OR(Zone 8a)

We recently bought two lovely ones at Whitman Farms in Salem. She had many varieties and was extremely helpful in helping us choose the right ones for our home.

I thought her prices were reasonable, especially considering the quality and size of the trees.

Lakebay, WA

If you want to drive way out to Shelton, there's a nursery (can't remember the name of it sorry!) on I-3 between Allyn and Shelton. The sign advertises over 1000 Japanese Maples in stock. I had to make a trip out to Shelton yesterday and just ran across the place. They are out in the middle of nowhere lol but seemed to have a very good stock of diffferent sizes. No idea on the prices, I didn't stop. I probably would have stopped, but I had my son in the car with me and ... OY even at 9 years old he can be a headache.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

MARI, Is that katty corner from a Chevron Gas Station?? I think thats Deer Creek Nursury. You make a right curve (coming toward shelton), then down a big hill, and its on the left???

Regards;
bluelytes

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

marion, I think you might mean Roadside Nursery. They do have a great selection and nice stock but a little too pricey for me. Their address in the phone book says Belfair. They're several miles out Rt.3 from Shelton.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

You have to stop at the place Between Bremerton and Port orchard. It is at the end of the bay that all the ships for the navy are at. I can't remember the name but it is just before you turn to Belfaire. They have the neatest fountains, rock work, Acer Palmatums, Bonsai and you will get a lot of ideas on how the rich and famous do their gardens. It is at the end of the harbor and you need to take the road to Port orchard from the turn to Belfair.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

SOFE,
Would that be GORST?? lol Talk about a funny name!!

Best Regards;
bluelytes

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Yes I forgot it. I only kept my sailboat there for 5 years. Geez.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.