Stephanotis in full bloom

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

This is on my fence. It took a beating the year we had the snow. I think it has recovered fully now. This picture was taken just at daylight. I'll try to get a better one tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

That's beautiful! Mine is slowly dying and I have no idea why.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, I wish I had mine back now. I never though of winding it through and over the deck railing, but it would have looked good there. Beautiful picture.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous and the fragrance must be intoxicating!

Snow in South Texas in zone 10a??? Talk about a freak occurence!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Susie, that is beautiful. I have a var. stephanotis that I just moved outside for the summer. I have to keep it inside overwinter because we get too cold for it.
But as soon as I moved it out, it put on a few buds. I just love them.

Patricia

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

That is a great photo of it, Susie!
It "glows"!

It must be a good year for them. Mine is doing better than it ever has this year. I got several flushes, but not nearly as many blooms as you've got...

Ah, to live in zone 10...
;0)
-T

Thanks for the compliments, this is the most blooms its ever had at one time and it smells really good.
Kay, did yours get too cold? keeping it too wet? They don't mind drying out every now and then.
Shirley, the snow was the first in 109 years and the first snow ever in December! We usually don't even get a frost in winter! There was snow on South Padre Island.
Taylor, in August when it's a hundred degrees, you'd be glad to be in a cooler climate, lol.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

You are probably right, lol...although we reach the 100's all the time.

I'll bet your humidity makes it feel hotter, though. My brother is in Houston and although it is naturally just more green and lush there, than it is here, I can hardly breathe the air there, in summer...

Humidity is usually not bad. Last week, the humidity was 40% and it was sooooooo muggy here! It is the wind that is terrible, there is always a breeze and lots of times it is hard wind(usually when my brugs are blooming).

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I also have a variegated plant. It's the only zone 10 plant I brought with me when I moved that survived. Even tho we had no heat for the first month we were here, this plant did fine in the house.

I received this in a trade from Hi. Does anyone have a picture of a grown and blooming variegated? I can't seem to find this in the plants files.

Next week we are starting to build an orchid/greenhouse as a front porch to my home. So I should be able to grow this plant there for the winter as well.

Molly

Thumbnail by MollyMc

That's a pretty plant Molly.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Very pretty, Susie.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Cala--that pics so nice I can smell it thru the lines! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.