So what is blooming/setting fruit in your garden?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

First time I have tried these Lebanese type zukes. Don't know how they will taste, I am not a big fan of zucchinni anyway but it is the most vigorous squash plant I have ever grown. Hasn't rained for three weeks, temps flirting with 100 degrees and these thing are unfazed. Grey zukes, straighnecks, and crooknecks wilt completely down during the day. Cultivar is Clarimore.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Healthy looking plant.

I don't care for zuchinni either. I have broccoli and cabbage, and some heirloom tomatoes blooming. I usually have trouble with beets germinating for me, and this year, if foliage is any indication, I am going to have a bumper crop.

Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

I've harvested broccoli, strawberries, lettuce, radishes, and loads of green onions. The first of my green beans and all my tomatoes are blooming. :)

ottawa, Canada(Zone 4a)

You warm climate people are killing me !

I just put my tomatoes in the ground last week and the potatoes and beans are just breaking ground.

On the upside, I've been eating green onions all week and the radishes, spinach and lettuce are almost ready. Salad days are beckoning.

Cheers

Steve

Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Don't worry generic.. I used to live in a zone 4 and you folks will be laughing at us most of the summer as you continue to pick nice crops of beans and peas while ours are only *memory* in the hotter days to come.

ottawa, Canada(Zone 4a)

Hey, that's true. Never thought of that.

Cheers

Steve

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Peas are blooming and setting fruit: I have early, mid and later season varieties. Potatoes are blooming. Some maters are blooming too.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

The Blackberries are starting to bloom, 8 weeks from eating....
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I picked and put up peas strawberries and enough cherries to make a cobbler.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Since none of you seem to grow cabbage, I thought I would throw in this picture.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Holy Canoli ! !

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Good Lord Farmer Dill! How big are those heads of cabbage?

Redford, MI

Zone envy here!

My strawberries are starting to fruit. I had 2 early birds that have ripened and my two kids jumped on them before I could even get to them. They said they were tasty. LOL!

My tomato and bell pepper plants are only 4-6" high right now so it's going to be a loooooong wait. The only other veggies we have planted are carrots, onions, brocolli, and brussel sprouts. We gave the rest of the space to herbs this year while we work on the house.

Happy harvesting to all of you to the south. :)

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Glamoury, I picked 3 Strawberries yesterday. It'll be another week for them.
Andy P

Missouri City, TX

Those are some impressive Cabbages!

I tried some red cabbage last year - harvested some of the outer leaves, then the snails ate the rest. And, I have a great recipe, too.

DW froze the leaves, and used then for cabbage rolls last winter.

How did you do that in GA? You must be almost as hot as we are in the Gulf Coast.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

We have to grow cool weather crops early or late.I did not get these in time, but cabbages do best overwintered for early spring harvest.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Carrots do best here as a fall/winter crop, but I am pulling some from a February planting.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

That's the new one. How is the flavor?
Andy P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.