New to heucheras

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Um, I give,,,,which one is getting it?

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Kelly - I have absolutely no ulterior motive for sharing a Peachy Keen with Erynne. (snicker)

And just to get back on topic - here's a pic of Brunnera 'Jack Frost' with Heuchera 'Obsidian'. I'm loving the shiny dark leaves!

Sandy

Thumbnail by sanannie
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

What a gorgeous combo - and the rest of the setting is perfect. I need to move my Obsidian close to my Jack Frost!

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Carole - I think it'll look even better with another Obsidian on the other side. I must remember to do that this fall.

Sandy

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Sandy,
You sure do,,,,Momma didn't raise no fool! LOL The combo looks nice, and I think another Obsidian would look nice on the other side also.

I agree - another Obsidian on each side. Now, I have a problem here - I have two Jack Frosts and only two Obsidians. Does that mean, that if I copy your idea of one on each side, that I have to buy two more Obsidian? Aw, gee.

The picture I'm enclosing doesn't have any Heuchera, but at this close end shows the Jack Frost where I intend to put an Obsidian or two (so I didn't go off topic, right?) I really will have to rearrange things in that funny, skinny little garden which runs under and along the edge of the deck - the Astilbe flourished like I never dreamed they would and the ferns, Sweet Woodruff, and some Hosta are doing their thing all the way down the row, too. But I hadn't included any Heuchera and sure do need to as my addiction to them just increases daily. I just got a Wayside catalog that looks like it will feature Heuchera - haven't looked at it, but guess what I am about to do???

Thumbnail by Murmur
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Murmur,

Only 1 more Obsidian,,,,,,,,, Obsidian, Jack Frost, Obsidian, Jack Frost, Obsidian.

Except that my other Jack Frost is clear down on the other end (sorry, didn't make that clear). So, poor me, I'm still stuck buying more Heuchera.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Can you move the Jack,,,or split a piece off of it? I'm one of those economy gardeners unless I'm in a nursery/greenhouse,,,then ALL bets are off,,,,ROFLOL

Hehehehe - me, too . . . either in a nursery or looking at a catalog or looking on the internet - they all get me!!!

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I got my Wayside catalog today too. Whew at the prices!!! LOL

I used to buy things from Wayside, but received such dinky little plants at such whew prices, that I now just use the catalog to keep for reference. Wonderful pictures, just not so great plants for that price.

Susan
=^..^=

I mostly use the catalog for pics, too - even cut them out and carry them with me when I visit a nursery. I did, however, get some stuff from them recently - five for the price of two. Still a bit pricey for their size, maybe, but everything looks pretty good. It was one of my (many) moments of impulse buying!!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I always look through the catalogs and mark things that I would like. I never order them,,just mark them,,,LOL

I must learn that kind of self discipline - "look, don't buy!!!!!" However, I probably will often buy bulbs that way as I've gotten good product for good prices from several companies.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

That's the only time I have self discipline. I'm just too lazy to write down the order, get up to get my checkbook and write the check,,,LOL

Unfortunately, every one of these catalog companies has a website - complete with enticing photos and ease of purchase! If I have to write a check and fill out a form, it wouldn't happen!

I'm doing better, though - probably only placed three orders (not counting bulbs) this year, as opposed to eight or ten in the past!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Yes, they do have websites. I usually forget to look unless there's something I Really wanted. I'm trying to slow down with the orders. Had to buy a new TV,,,other one bit the dust. Now I'm Really broke,,,LOL

I need to take my name off the e-mail lists of those companies . . . they lure me into their web!! I'm such an easy mark.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Good idea. I think I'll do the same.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.