Hey Bluesjuls

Shenandoah Valley, VA

How was the plant sale in Harrisonburg this past weekend? Get any goodies?

Harrisonburg, VA

Sorry took so long to get back to you. I've had a busy week. It was great. It wasn't as big as the one coming in May, but that's mainly vendors and last year the prices were crazy expensive. I didn't buy any dogwood tress, I should have maybe because 6 foot trees were priced at $20!! I went wih silky dogwood instead.

Here's the final list:
2 Silky Dogwood ($12 each 3gal)
2 Redbuds ($12 each 3gal)
1 Sourwood ($12 3gal)
1 Sweetspire ($12 3gal)
1 summer sweet ($12 3gal)
3 Wild ginger ($5 each)
2 Trillium ($5 each)
2 va bluebells ($5 each)

AND we got it all in the ground on Sunday!!! However, my fiance and I both picked up a little poison ivy but luckily I'm less allergic that he is...poor guy is miserable.

I also got more glads and lilly of the valley's in. The wedding garden is coming along nicely. This weekend I'm going to try and stay out of the greenhouses and plant what I've got. This weekend's agenda is preparing/planting the beds the side fence for blazing star, the front fence line for the wildflower mixture and the side yard for my personal wildflower flower mixture (Sweet Pea, Snap dragons, baby's breath and bachelor buttons)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Wow! Nice haul!

Have you been to Shreckhise Shrubbery down in Weyers Cave? They have a terrific selection of trees and shrubs - nice plants and very reasonable prices. They also have a few perennials but I go there first for any kind of tree or shrub.

Your beds sound very pretty. You'll have to post some pictures this summer when everything's up and blooming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.