I love IRIS!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I just wanted to share a few pics of some that is blooming now. Hope you enjoy them.
Teresa

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

This is an older bed with my white peonies and snowball bush.
These iris were given to me. Anyone have a guess what they might be?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

This bed has Stairway to Heaven, Proud Tradition, Savanna Sunset, Immortality and more.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Not an Iris but Henryi is lovely this time of year.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Anyone know whom this might be?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

WOW! Pretty! I can't help you with IDing that last one but I want one!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

We have had a lot of wind and rain before these shots. You can see that some stalks are blown over. I cut several to bring in and put in a vase.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I had a wedding shower here this weekend for my dd and had vases of irises all over. Boy were they a hit, gave them as prizes! Did you get a catalog from Iris City?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Boy do I have Iris envy right now!

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

Very pretty, bluegrassmom. I don't keep up with names of irises, but I really like them. I especially like your last pic.
Here is a pretty one, I think.

Thumbnail by floweringchild
Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

I like the tall bearded ones.

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

I don't think this is a tall bearded iris, but I like it.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Maybe Batik ?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

That's what I thought but wasn't sure I had the spelling right.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

The blue one with the white spot in the Peony bed looks like City Lights. The bi-tone blue with the bi-tone pink looks like Best Bet to me.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

One of them looks like Color Coded and one looks like Next Millenium to me but it's hard to tell. None the less, they're all gorgeous!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for all the compliments. I love the ones with horns.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

weegy, you would know better than me! I love them whatever they are!

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

In your very first picture, is the one with white standards and lavender falls "Snow Cloud"?

In your second picture, the one with mauve standards and burdundy falls looks very much like "Indian Chief".

That last yellow one is gorgeous.

Your beds are beautiful.

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Forgot to add picture of "Indian Chief". My brain can only do one thing at a time.

Thumbnail by 1gardengram
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I'm far from an expert, just throwing ideas out there! Yeah, who cares what they are, they are beautiful!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Those are great...thanks for sharing...
daylily4201...the second photo you posted is especially beautiful...not that everyone elses isn't...
bluegrassmom... I love the one in the first photo you posted...

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Jody, the one closest to the camera is Stairway to Heaven. I like it a lot too!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Your iris beds are beautiful everyone. How nice to have space to spread your wings (or iris as the case may be). I love every one. Thanks!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

bluegrassmom,
No wonder I liked it,Stairway to Heaven is one I want to order...heehee

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Teresa - Is that a siberian in the 3rd picture, top left side?

deb

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes, you have a good eye. It is Ceasar's Brother in the background. I have clumps of Lavender Bounty almost ready to open. I will post a pic of it later.

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for sharing your beauties. I have been collecting horned ones too.

Gardengram, I want to get some more historic ones also-I love Indian Chief.

Sandy

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I also have Ceasar's Brother, but it isn't anywhere near ready to bloom yet. I have others too, but without being in the garden, can't think of them! I THINK I have Lavender Bounty also. A new one I planted last year is Anniversary. Don't know if it will bloom for me this year, but it is growing. I also have Pink Haze and I just love it. Here is last years bloom of Pink Haze:

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Sandy, I have plenty of Indian Chief to trade. Just LMK

Oh, Pink Haze is so pretty! I want MORE SIBS!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I try to get a couple new ones each year. I haven't yet this year......I'm waiting for flowerfrenzy to do the Siberian/Japanese Co-op later this summer!! ;>)

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, that is interesting news. I didn't know we were having one. Thanks for the info.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

bluegrassmom! I am loving your iris pics and I see you are in Zone 6a--the same as I am--yet your bloom is so far ahead of ours! I just can't wait until next week for the iris to come out!

I love Iris, too!

And peonies!

And springtime!

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

bluegrassmom, I would love to trade for Indian Chief. I guess I should put together a trade list-I have quite a few to trade with this year. :-)

Sandy

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Here is the thread on the Co-op forum where it was discussed. I sure hope it happens!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/586390/#new

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Not to hijack this thread, but since the co-op was mentioned I wanted to address it. I received an email from the Aitkens yesterday and they are supposed to get me the list soon. It looks like it's definitely going to happen. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

That is not hijacking at all, an IRIS co-op goes along with the subject. That is good news.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

DITTO LAURA!

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Teresa-
Do you have an id on your first picture? I really like that one...
thank you
-Taylor

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

The blue and white one is Stairway to Heaven. Isn't it lovely. I need to replace my camera batteries. I have new blooms that I need to take pics of.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.