plant markers

Lafayette, CO(Zone 5b)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a pen to use on plant markers that will last the whole season? I've used permanent markers and they only last a few months. Thanks.

Wake Forest, NC

gardenmermaid: here's link to a thread about this subject; hope this helps

http://davesgarden.com/place/t/577327/

Lafayette, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks. I had seen this thread before but couldn't find it.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We resorted to using plastic knives and forks at the RU Saturday...eat with 'em first, then marked plants afterwards! A perfect recycling plan!
Debbie

Dry Ridge, KY(Zone 6a)

I was wondering about using my Dremel and strips of left over aluminum flashing. Of course the edges would have to be folded over as it can get quite sharp. I would think that once engraved they would be around for a while.

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

I buy my pens from Parks Nursery and I still have clear writing on my markers and this is after one year!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I went to a heating and AC place and had some metal ones 1 1/2" X 3" stamped out of about 24 - 26 guage steel. Then bought some steel welding rod 36" long, punched holes and inserted the welding rod. I used 3/32" diameter rod. Much heavier is too hard to work with. I have a friend who has a rivit punch that he loaned to me to punch out the holes. This makes very permenant labels. As for markers, I have been using paint pens from Hobby Lobby, but will look into the cattle marking pens soon. I think one could also use an engraving tool to mark on them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.