The end of the winter flowers

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

The heat has begun and the cool season plants are beginning to fade, was a good winter never the less...

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Here is it's fraternal twin...

Bluefield, VA

WOW! Those are gorgeous containers. Can you tell me what the outside plants are, the lavender, white and yellow. I am trying to achieve that beauty in containers but I can't seem to find the right plants for the outside. We have relatively cool summers here in SW Virginia so I think they will do well.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

My real secret is osmocote and lots of it, when I pot up. I buy it by the 50lb sack at the wholesaler. I use 4 times the recommended rate, if it says 1 tbls per 6 inch pot I use 4, and I mix it thoughout the soil, I use the 6 month formula.

The plants you see are: Yellow-dalhberg daisy, white-bacopa (now called sutera in some places), and blue-brachycome or swan river daisy. I also used some lobelia & delphinium, but it has already faded and was pulled.

Here is another bed, across the street from these containers, that I photo'd 3 weeks ago and will be pulling part of this week and replacing w/summer annuals.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Nice pics Dale! Are those tall red and orange flowers delphiniums? If so, do you do the seed starts? and if so, what's your schedule? We're a little cooler here (in winter) but get the heat about the same time you do so I'm sure I can adapt your schedule!
Debbie

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

The tall ones are snapdragon. Also in that bed alyssum, pansy, nasturtitum, dianthus, yellow dahlberg daisy, gazania, pentas, and petunia. A few other plants, but, they don't sow in this photo.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.