It won't be long now......

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I really like the color of 'Castaway' too. My tall bearded ones are just starting to open. I need to find out how to download my new camera, then I will post some photos.

Susan

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Finally some more to show.

Sally, today was a DUH moment for me! LOL I just realized I have 'Clear Morning Sky.' I'll send you some when I have enough to divide.

Here it is today:

Thumbnail by mgh

Here's 'Champagne Waltz.' I love the tips of the beards on this one.

Thumbnail by mgh

This is another photo of the one I have labled as 'Dawn Sky.' Now I have it labled as 'NOT Dawn Sky.' LOL

Thumbnail by mgh
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mendy! But if I see it for sale somewhere I'll go ahead and buy it. Bird in the hand and all that. Thank's for the picture of it! Both of the others are pretty too. There is hardly an iris I don't like. I'm hoping I got Edith Wolford from Mom's. I got it for her, but didn't get one for myself. I dug a bunch and am waiting to see what I ended up with. It's so exciting. Most of my irises were unknowns.

I understand, Sally. :o) I don't really like my photo of it with the blue background and was thinking of moving it this fall, but then I remembered we will be painting our house this summer so the background will be light green. ;o)

I love going out and looking at my irises every morning. It is very exciting!

Here's another one......'Designer's Art'

Thumbnail by mgh

And a close-up.

Thumbnail by mgh

Atys

Thumbnail by mgh

This is one I got from Wanda. She said she didn't know what the name of it was, but she and Tazzy named it 'Rose Luminata.' This one is very cute and very small......only 3½" from the tip of the standards to the tip of the falls.

Thumbnail by mgh
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Oooh, three blooms at a time. Pretty!

I take my notebook out every day and record what's blooming. This year I'm making sure I write down which Iris has a scent.

Not to take over your thread, here's Cherry Glen. A Schreiner Iris.

Thumbnail by billyporter

I don't mind at all! That is gorgeous and so many more buds to come too! You're going to have quite a show of that one. Please post another pic when there are more open too? :o)

I have a few more to post. This is 'Celebration Song.'

Thumbnail by mgh

I love, love, love this one! 'French Horn'

Thumbnail by mgh

'Afternoon Delight'

Thumbnail by mgh

'Sable Night'

Thumbnail by mgh

Here's a pic of where most of these are growing. This is the west side of my house.

Thumbnail by mgh

This is the front of my house......facing south.

oooops....hit the wrong button. lol

Thumbnail by mgh

And I just have to post this last pic. I planted these clematis last year and they are really taking off this year. I love it! I had a Montana clematis planted behind this fence for the last 8 or so years, but the strange winter we had killed it. I'm going to plant another one when I find one.

Thumbnail by mgh
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

So many pretty color combos. Can we ever have them all?

I wish I could have them all! LOL

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Me too. I wish they lasted longer. I think I'll add in when each one is done completely and start making spread sheets. So much easier to find what I have instead of searching thru the notebook.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Lovely clematis Mendy. Those take quite awhile to establish here. It's a joy when they take and are happy!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Awhile back, someone said there was no such thing as an ugly iris. Well, I think I have one. The color of the falls is nice, but the standards are really yeeecccchhh!They don't even coordinate. And I do like unusual colors, but not this one. I think it is Broadway Baby, and it looked better in the catalog. Don't know what I am going to do with it. It will probably live forever even if I commit plantabuse on it...Guess I will just have to get tough and throw it over the fence and let the cows stomp on it!
Sharon

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sharon, I also have an iris that I call ''Mom's Ugly.'' I'm waiting for it to bloom. It's an old one. The iris borers don't even chomp on it too much.

Here is a pic of 'Broadway Baby' from the PF. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/75580/ Is this the one you are talking about? If so, I would love to adopt it for you! I think it's gorgeous.

(Doss, I really wanted to see your pic of it in the PF, but for some reason it doesn't come up on my computer. :o(

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Mendy, the reason that the photo won't get bigger is that it's a vendor's photograph that I put on when I entered the plant. Good think that Laura came and put a shot of her own there. It's a beautiful flower. Lots going on. Just the way I like them.

Speaking of a lot going on. This is Meteor Shower.

Thumbnail by doss

Wow! Love that one, Dorothie!

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Yep that's it. I will be glad to send it to you for postage.
Sharon

REALLY??!! Wow! I'm so excited!! Thank you!! I'll dmail you.

Another new one opened up......Easter Bonnet. I love this one! Who am I kidding.....I love them all! ;o)

Thumbnail by mgh
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Pretty, I will be watching for it in my garden next Spring. Mendy you have mail.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

That Easter Bonnet is so aptly named. Totally dressed up and ready for company.

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Easter Bonnet is incredible. What colors!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Broadway Baby is gorgeous. I like the colors of easter bonnet too.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

My Intermediates are giving way to hundreds & hundreds of Tall Bearded blooms. I'm franitcally running around taking photos of all the newest blooms. I should hit peak by next weekend...

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Looks great, Wanda! So glad you get to join in. :o) Only one of my smaller ones bloomed this year. I'm hoping for a better show of them next year.

My Intermeidates are STILL opening along with the big show of Tall Beardeds. breathtaking!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm so glad that you are getting your iris in Wanda. Mine are almost at an end.

Mine are really coming to an end too, especially since the downpour of rain we had last night. My JIs are just starting to open though and I'm hoping to get out and get a pic today. :o)

20 or so new colors opening each day now. I still have many clumps to go, but I think this weekend will be peek. The colors and number of buds is incredible this year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.