It won't be long now......

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

before I see some blooms!! While looking at everyone else's pics, I'm getting very excited to see some blooms in my own yard.

This is/will be IB Az Ap

Thumbnail by mgh

TB Now and Later

Thumbnail by mgh

The bed it's growing in.

Thumbnail by mgh

My front bed.........please ignore the weeds.......I'm sick and haven't been able to get out there to pull them. :o(

Thumbnail by mgh

This is Debrenee and one other one that I can't remember the name of right now.

Thumbnail by mgh

and around the side of the house.

Thumbnail by mgh

Oh, almost forgot this one. This is/will be SI Caesar's Brother..........I got it from Wanda 2 years ago and this will be the first time it has bloomed for me.

Thumbnail by mgh
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Isn't this the most exciting time of year? I know I'm out in my yard every day peeking around, feeling for stalks, etc.

Great looking flower beds!

Thanks! Yes, it is very exciting. I was out there with my sister a couple of weeks ago. I kept feeling the irises and saying, "This one is pregnant....and this one is pregnant, and this one, and this one!" My sister was laughing at me. ;o)

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

My husband always says I'm out "invading the iris' right to privacy" when I'm out feeling around to see if they're pregnant. Haha! :0)

Laura

LOL! I guess it's kinda like walking up to someone you don't know and feeling they're pregnant belly. But, in this case, the irises are our friends, so it's ok to touch their bellies! LOL

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

LOL! :0)

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

LOL. I guess I'd better be careful then. I was feeling up a friends irises and got excited because her's are pregnant and she didn't even know it. Now she's going around feeling up irises too.

ROTFLOL!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

You guys are cracking me up!

This is so funny. I just came in from feeling my irises and then I read this!

LOL Are your's pregnant too??

Most but not all. Some well-established clumps aren't putting out (is that too impolite to say?) and some that haven't bloomed in years are budding forth. Must be something about that long wet winter...

Yes, for me too. I have one that bloomed last year, but this year I don't think it's going to do anything.

I don't think it's too impolite.....not in this context anyway! LOL

Oh and guess what! The Klingon Princess is pregnant! Looks like it is going to be quintuplets!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Mendy, what a beautiful look at things to come. I can't wait for you to have your iris bloom.

Thanks, Dorothie!

Klingon Princess??

Just looked that one up.......very pretty!!

An SDB I got from Malevil. A member of my Star Trek/ Star Wars theme garden...

Cool! I didn't know you had one of those.

Yeah, then there's Starship Enterprise (rotting away unfortunately). And Skywalker. And Captain Kirk hosta... I'm afraid Captain Kirk will be without a starship to fly..

Oh no! What happened to Starship? I am going to get that one this year........hope mine doesn't rot!

Lebanon, OR

Mendy loved the sharing of the pictures and how we all got off track, I have been out raping the iris and then taking some pictures of my own crosses which several are going to be kept this year

D

Hi Denise! You must have a lot in bloom then? Would love to see your pics!

Yea!! My first bloom.

This is Az Ap

Thumbnail by mgh

And here is Debrenee

Thumbnail by mgh
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

TA DA!!!!! The season begins! Debrenee is really yummy, Mendy.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

And another one goes on my list!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous! I have SDBs and MDBs blooming and 2 IBs. I can't wait until my TBs start!

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

WOW, the colors on those two are so vivid. Lovely iris!

Sandy

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Don't you just love the first blooms. It is so exciting.

Yes, very excited here! I can't get the color on Debrenee to come out right on my camera. Margiempv has a pic in PF that is more true color than my pics. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/30932/ It comes out too blue on my camera.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Mendy, When they start to show color it does get exciting. I haven't felt mine up - Laugh, but I can see buds! Debrenee is beautiful!

I forgot to look for the weeds!

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Great photos,MGH.
keep them coming !

Sally, what are you waiting for?? Get out there and feel those bellies! LOL

Thanks, Tazzy. I think Now and Later will be open tomorrow.....I'll post more as soon as they open.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.