my new green-shed!

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Gosh, I've been planning for this greenhouse/shed combination for the past three years, and we finally were able to get one. I'm so excited. I just had to share with you all...hehe...as well as my friends/family who know I've been dreaming (and talking) about it for the past 10 months as we have been planning where to put it and researching the different types of "green/sheds" available from local shed places.

#1 - view of the backyard veggie area (formerly 23×23', now the 8×12' structure takes a portion...ah livin' in the 'burbs!)...

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

#2 - front view. Craftsman style (to match the house), Dutch door, window flowerbox

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

#3...come inside...
table-top/bench, three windows along the back to let in air/light

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

#4 - looking back out

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

#5 - Dutch likes it!

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

#6 - back of shed, looking out of the garden
(...the green-shed will be painted blue with white trim to match the house!)

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

#7 - and a closer view

I am very excited ...gosh, I've got about 100 different kinds of seeds...having collected and traded for many months now...the decision next: which ones to grow first!?

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

shed by -
Garden Solutions in Woodinville
www.gardensolution.com

-Tif :-}

Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

tiffanya - very nice! You're going to love it!! Karen

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

That is so nice! I agree with Kabob.. you will love having it!

Fulton, MO

Tif, very nice. Will you grow in it seasonally or year-round? SB

PS, I can already envision your steps and entryway with flower box planted, a couple of container plants or landscaping by the door... ;-)

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Ahhh painting is finally done!

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

rear/side view

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

we insulated and peg-boarded the North wall ...easy access to tools/equipment

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

and put a "privacy curtain" (bamboo roll shades) in...

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

shades up, plants are on shelves (closetmaid brand) along the window

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

and the floors are painted with a non-slip surface to help ensure a long life.

Cosmos and lettuce sprouted in just 4 days. Gotta wait on some of the other things like peppers! :-}

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Well, we'd like to grow year-round. I'd really love to be able to harvest tomatoes, peppers, and other yummy delights (as well as see flowers) in the winter.

We've not yet invested in electrical wiring though as we're exploring the possibilities ...still researching other practical and cost-effective methods for providing power in the NW (e.g., solar? wind? UV?)

I sure am loving it though! Have been out in it every day. Neglecting my veggie garden (eek...I'm two weeks behind! Gotta get that planted this weekend!)

Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

Tiffanya - how cool - you will really love this!!

Walpole, NH(Zone 5a)

Great greenhouse, love the look of it.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Wow, I absolutely adore your greenshed! Can I ask you about the fencing surrounding it? Did you build that yourselves or have it built? That is exactly what we need for our veggie garden!

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Sue,

We got the fence sections and posts from LOWES. Very easy to assemble. They sell them in natural or white. White's a bit more expensive, so we went for the natural and applied stain to match the big fence. They're about 36" high -- perfect for keeping the dogs out of the garden. Those guys both LOVE veggies and berries; we wouldn't have anything to eat if the fence wasn't there! LOL! ;-)

Here's a better picture of the fence...(pre-garden shed / partially stained fence!)

-Tif :-)

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow...I was just looking at that pic of the garden. Look how it's shrunk!

Thumbnail by tiffanya
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh very cool. Nice to know that Lowes sells the panels like that. Go figure, we only looked at Home Depot!

A very cool Green- Shed - you must love it out there!

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Ahhhh...yes. Weird how that works. We had been looking for a floor squeegee at Lowes and McLendons but couldn't find them. The husband says 'Well, maybe I'll try Home Depot just in case' ...and sure enough Home Depot carries them. It's weird that hardware stores don't all carry the same things.

I'm totally loving it! Isn't it weird/cool how there are people in Dave's Garden who all live just a city or two apart?! (I just took that last picture, above, tonight. We had the same sunset outside when I took it. LOL.

This message was edited May 12, 2006 8:32 PM

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I love it! It's darling. I bet you are so happy to have it, you can't stand it. It looks like a great addition to the backyard!

Gwen

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh yea...we're totally lovin' it!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Great job on your greenhouse/shed!
:) Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.