Fruit Tree Flower pics

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

For those who are curious about what the flowers look like, here are a few from my back yard.
I have 4 types of fruit.
First to bloom is the Nectarine.
This pic was taken as soon as they opened.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Same tree a week later, note how dark the flower has gotten.
Pic taken today.
Edited to add the name, Nectacrest.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2006 4:59 PM

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Today the dwarf Seckel Pear opened.
I find this flower very interesting.
The pink pollen tips turn black within a day of opening. (at least I think so)
Andy P

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I forgot which variety of dwarf Cherry this is.
It's either Lapins or CompacStella.
I ordered 2 at the time and shared with my neighbor, ????
Andy P

Brooklyn, NY

Hi SARAH:

Nice pics, particularly the pear (though i think pears as a fruit r real boring!)

- the cherry blossom looks like the blossoms on my stella tree- i also bought a semi swarf stella last spring- mine seems to be doing really well this year- has a zilion blossoms- how about yours?

how old is your nectarine tree- have u gotten any fruit yet

i also bought a dwarf nectacrest as well last year and i had 9 blossoms on it this year though 6 have fallen off- unfortunately, my nectarine tree has also developed peach tree curl- have you ever had a problem with that disease?
i just learned that for this disease, spraying in the spring is useless- u need to spray in the autumn or winter- oh well- next year i guess-

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

They are so pretty. I have a snow apple, yellow delicous, unknown peach from a pit we planted and ordered a Bartlett pear tree the other day. I would love to have room for a cherry, old fashioned Red Delicous and Grimes Golden.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

gg, Have you ever tasted a Seckel Pear? Small red/gold, firm, very sweet fruit. The only one I considered growing. A neighbor had them when I was a kid.
I think my Cherry is CompacStella. I remember when I ordered them that I had a spat with a guy named Lappen so I kept the Stella, LOL. Yes lots of flowers.
My semi-dwarf Nectacrest Nectarine is 10 -12 years old.
A nice free-stone with good flavor.
I have had a few ripe fruit but not many, the squirrels hit them very early.
I've never had 'peach tree curl' but last year I missed a spraying and all the fruit turned black and withered. Even the squirrels didn't want them.
Here is a pic of the nectarine taken a few days ago.
Andy P

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Here is a pic of my neighbors Stanley Plum.
He has had this for 5 years, this is the first time it has bloomed and it's loaded.
Andy P

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for sharing your pics. Yes I do love blooms, and your tree blooms are beautiful.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Ms.
I snapped this on this morning.
My "MacFree" Apple, very fragrant.
Andy P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.