Does anybody else do this???

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

I carefully designed my front garden using graph paper and colored pictures of my plants, and more or less stuck to my shopping list when I went to the nursery (only a couple of impulse buys :) ). I have a limited budget and a huge garden, so I buy and add plants a little at a time (although the entire garden is designed). What happens is, I put the plants in my garden, step back, stare at them for a long time, rearrange the pots, stare at them, plant them, and then sometimes dig them up and rearrange them again. When I add new plants, half the time I go back and dig up the old ones and rearrange them once more. Is this normal? Or do experienced gardeners actually make a plan and stick to it? And does anyone else visualize their garden by staring at it for hours on end?

This isn't a huge problem on my part, but both DH and my neighbors think I'm nuts! :)

pam

This thread has 60 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!