Show your 'Herb garden photos

Middleburgh, NY

And another area...

Thumbnail by herbalbetty
Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

lovely pictures, herbalbetty- makes me dream of summer days- they have that romantic dreamy green hazy look! We had a few more inches of snow over the weekend- and I just can hardly stand it!

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is my raised bed from 2006 (April 16). I'm going to take another picture this year on the same day.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Southern, CA(Zone 8b)

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I like the before and after pics too.

Middleburgh, NY

I hear you sjms, we had 6 inches of snow Friday and single degree temps over the weekend, but yesterday we had a huge amount of rain and today warm enough temps to melt everything! Course, a cold front is to sweep through, but still, I can see the ground!!!!!

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

These are such lovely photos. Gives me inspiration and hope for my own herb garden. Betty, you have a real paradise. Mrs_Ed, It's time for that anniversary picture you promised.

Why yes it is!! Thanks for the reminder.

I'm afraid it looks awful. I lost my parsley, which I uncovered too soon. And I have not planted any of the other seeds since it has been so cold.

That big clump of grass is the remnants of last year's lemon grass. I have to dig it up. The lavender plant does not have leaves yet, but is still quite flexible.

We are about 2 weeks behind.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Thank you Mrs_Ed. You've got a great start on the season. I wonder if the lemon grass will come back after a cold winter. I've only grown it in FL in a pot. I think it would have preferred being planted in soil like yours.

No, I don't expect it to come back as it's a tropical. I meant to dig some up to keep indoors this year but I did not.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Lovely pics everybody.

My herb garden is in a raised bed also. I'll see if I can 't post some pics tomorrow of it. Ialso have herbs strung out in all the flower gardens too LOL not enough room in the herb bed. The thyme seems to take over, which is ok, for thethyme, but not for everything else

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

This is our Herb Bed, It has 3 tiers(they are kinda hard to see in the photo)
its just getting planted for this year (we are kinda behind in planting)
Basils are on the very back tier, followed by the tymes along the side
2 different Rosemarys are quickly filling in the corners.
Oregano has the top circle and mints are going into the flat paths.
Garlic is on the bottom row next to the Rosemary
We also have a bog down front to provide contrast along with a few odd and ends to keep things
flowing.

Thumbnail by georgiagarden3
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

side view

Thumbnail by georgiagarden3
Hatfield, PA(Zone 6b)

I started out with one herb garden as shown in this spring pic from 2002. Now, it seems that the majority of my 8 raised beds have herbs of one kind or another, and several other beds have also become home to either annual or perennial herbs. I haven't done so in a few years, but I know my total herb count then (including annuals) had reached 50+. One thing I've missed in recent years has been the blooming sages as shown in the mid-right position in this shot. There had been three plants in this bed at one time and each of them bloomed a slightly different color. Those plants have since died off, and my current sages don't bloom.

Thumbnail by thymewarp13

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.