Got One Today!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Just thought I'd let everyone know how excited I am! I got my first hummer of the spring today. Boy was he thursty. I was sure this warm weather would get them here. It was 76 today and I dug up some Iris and put them in the edge of my pond. They look great, can't wait to watch them bloom. Debbie

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

lalala!!...where, wwhere is more fooood for me???

Thumbnail by birdscrazy

Aren't they the coolest birds? There is a pair that must be nesting around here close because they visit the pond waterfall every evening. first the male, then the female. It's so cool!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I hung a feeder right next to the pond and he seems to like it there. I'm going to put in a mister over the pond just for them. All the other birds already have found there favorite spots to cool off and slpach.
Oh yes, he drank and drank and then drank some more. I just love them and we get tons of them.
Debbie

Lakebay, WA

We have one hummer that zips past our picture window once in the evening and takes a drink from the feeder. Like clockwork, right about 6:30, you'll see a flash of color and then he's gone until the next evening.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Today after work I was sitting on the deck and I had a little girl join my little gentelman. Way too cute!
Debbie

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Love the hummingbirds! Each year we have them visit the bright pink fuschia planter hanging outside one livingroom window. Each spring, the juncoes take over the old planter to nest, much to the entertainment of the indoor cats huddled on a stand in that same window.

Last year we had 4 separate nestings in that fuschia- a total of 13 eggs. This one is nicely lined with goat hair! Cozy. We have plenty of juncoes, so the hatch rate must have been good.

And we can't undecorate for the holidays just yet, as the juncoes have taken up residence in the wreath still on the front door! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/poochella/Miscellaneous/nestinwreath.jpg

You might enjoy these hummingbird photos by photographer Franck Avril out of San Francisco. Check back there for updates! Does great dahlia photos too.
http://www.everydayjourney.net/1222465.html

Thumbnail by Poochella
Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

marvelous pictures, what a treat to view, and to think, that she, the female is on her own with building that nest and feeding later on , makes me wanna "slap around" that good looking males...

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

LOL birdcrazy! I didn't realize the mom hummers were all on their own. I will be more respectful and in even more awe next time I see one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.