Houseplant Swap II

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Just finished up a Houseplant Swap and it was a wonderful swap for all involved. I have decided to host another swap. I will again take names, addresses and list of your haves/wants. Please note that if you list rare or expensive plants you most likely will not receive them. Please do not expect to. I will try to match everyone up with at least one plant on their list. However sometimes this is not possible, so please be open to new ideas as well.

Rules are listed below.
1. Do not sign up if you only want free plants, I will send you some free plants if you just ask.
2. Minimum number of cuttings/plugs/starts/plants is 4 (this will allow some newbies to join as well) - you may send extras, small gifts if you want, this is completely optional and not a requirement. If you do send extra, please do not be upset if you don't receive extra in return from your buddy.
3. Sign ups will runs until May 1st
4. Mailing date will be May 30th
5. Package should be mailed Priority mail

If you have any questions that are not answered above, please dmail me. Thanks and hope to host another wonderful trade. Last time we had 13 buddies. Hope to see another good turn out.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Snboyken,
I will like to sign up for the houseplsnt swap.
I'll D Mail you with the name of my plants
Gale

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'm in the spring rush at the clinic and I'm up to my eyeballs in animals right now. I'd encourage anyone else to join in though. The last one was great fun! Catch me again after the fur settles!

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

I would LOVE to be in on this...so please count me in :o)

Char

I love a good houseplant swap, so count me in on this one, too! The first one was great!

Englewood, CO

I'd like to be part of the swap. I have many African Violets and Streptocarpus as well as other house plants. I am not quite sure how this works as I am new to Dave's. Barb

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

This sounds like fun. I haven't traded houseplants before. Count me in.

Karen

Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6a)

Yes, I'll join again.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

OHHH this is gonna be so fun.. I just can't wait....This will be my first houseplant trade...actually my first bulk trade like this.

Char

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Sign me up!! I have been taking cuttings all winter and I'm ready to ship a few out!! Woo HOO!
Lali

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Sign me up!! I really enjoyed the last one :-)
Sharon

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

A few more days to sign up. Please send me your list of haves/wants and addy if you have not already. We have 9 so far.

Anyone else what to join.

Lilburn, GA

I would like to join, please!
thank you
Anna

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Glad to have you aboard, Spider :o)

Char

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

I'm in! ; ) By the way, whoever gets something from stownes, you're in for a treat! She's awesome! She sent to me last time!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey count me in as well...Bob

Lilburn, GA

Hi Bob, Hi Char!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Ok, we have 13 signed up, however several have not send their list of haves/wants and addy for the swap. Please get in as soon as possible for buddie assignment.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Please get your info in as soon as possible for assignment. I want to have buddies assigned by this Friday and will work on it on Thursday, so I need the info. Thanks.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Ok, bubbies will be assigned today. You will each received dmails with your buddies name and info. Please do not be offended however a couple never returned the necessary info to be included in the swap. I hope all is well and they are not under the weather.

If those would like a personal trade, I will be happy to trade with them. Hope this is understood by all as I didn't want to exclude anyone. Thanks.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Everyone has been dmailed a buddy that I had information for. Please let me know when you have recieved your buddy and if you have any questions.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Sharon, thank you for orchestrating the swap! So much appreciated!!
Laurie

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Sharon for doing this..this is my first "big time" trade like this..other then the Mothers Day swap...

big {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to you

Char

Lilburn, GA

Thank you Sharon!

{{{{{Sharon}}}}}

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Spider,

Just wanted to let you know i mailed out your housplant box today Priority w/confirmation..the number is 03033430000056970724...I really hope you enjoy what i rooted and got for you..they are not much outta the ordinary houseplants....but some of my favorites.

Char

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

HI everyone, be sure to post when you send or receive you pkgs. Some are mailing theirs out early. Deadline is May 30th.

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh I didn't know I could mail now :)
I will have to start gathering things up :)

Lilburn, GA

I was looking for this thread but could not find it. I posted in another one.

I just received my box full of little treasures. Char does wonderful plants!!!

Thank you Char and thank you snboyken fpr arranging it.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

as long as the buddy is ok with you mailing early you can mail when you want to. We just don't want plants send that are not expected and die in boxes.

Congrats on your box spider.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Anyone else sent or received their boxes? Just curious.

Lilburn, GA

Jungle Bob got his yesterday. He Dmailed me.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Spider I will log it in. I should have mine ready to go out on Monday to my buddy. Hope all are enjoying so far.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi all, remember boxes need to be in mail by Next Monday. Some have received some great boxes already. Enjoy.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

HI all, hope you are having a great Memorial Day weekend. I received my box from ChrisLorry on Friday, it contained some wonderful starts of Varigated Sansevera (Mother in Law Tongue), Unknown Begonia, Lemon Philo, Philo Micans, Sedum (do these go outside in yard) and 4 hoya cuttings.

I am planting them today. Thanks so much Chris_Lorry.

Everyone be sure to post if you have mailed yours and if you have received. I want to make sure everyone gets a box. Thanks and have a safe a weekend.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Stownes,
I mailed your plants today, by UPS the
tracking number is 1Z2E895F0300520177
I hope you enjoy them.
Gale

This message was edited May 29, 2006 6:12 PM

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Red_princess71 your box went out today. Let me know when it arrives.

jrhodes, your box went out today. You're gonna hate me while you're trying to unpack them, but I sure hope you like the plants once you get them out of the box! LOL Please let me know when they arrive, and if they're in good condition.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

missg your box went out today. Got package from jrhodes full of succulents!! Whoo hoo! I'm so happy! Thanks jrhodes!!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Everyone be sure to post when you send and what you receive. Photos would be nice if you have a camera. Gotta get me a camera.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Anyone received a box in the past couple of days.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.