If you're from the Frederick area - fill up tonight!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Both Urbana and all Frederick stations at Route 85 are OUT of fuel due to the new restrictions vis a vis ethanol. Lines are very long further north.

Just an fyi for those who live around here....

Dea

Edited to say - for those who don't know. Ethanol cannot be transported via pipes due to the condensation it causes so it can only be shipped via rail tankers. Maryland has a required percentage of fuel that must contain ethanol, so now supplies are limited.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2006 6:52 PM

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the tip, Dea. If you head south on 85 from Frederick into Buckeystown, the Buckeystown Market has gas and no line. Of course, I don't think I have ever seen a line for gas there . . . .Not cheap but at least they do have gas.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Thanks - that's where we get diesel cuz it's the cheapest other than Southern States!

Thanks so much for the tip :)

Dea

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh great, we are going up to Frederick tomorrow. I am going to try Costco to fill up, otherwise I go to Mt. Airy where I work.

Thanks Dea!
-Kim

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the head up Dea.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the heads-up here & via Dmail! Fortunately, we filled up on our way home from Pittsburgh today.... hopefully the situation will resolve by the time I need another tankful. Yikes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.