How big is your veggie garden?

Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

My strong and stocky tomato seedlings...which are about 7" tall now...want to go out, but I know they'd be really unhappy in the garden right now. I have a bunch of cherokees and some yellow, red and orange minis

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Pirl, Your plants look great! I love that they are in a combination of low fat milk and heavy cream containers!

Hi Daisy. Yeah, you've got to be patient.

Dave

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

My wintersown tomatoes have been out - not as big as your Pirl. My WOW tomatoes, I only put out 2, are doing great as well!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wonderful: the WOW's are one of those things I always wanted to try but Jack doesn't feel we'd get results much sooner than without them.

Now, when both of us love tomatoes as we do, even three or four days early would be worth it, to me! Piggy, piggy!

We have ordered the red plastic to help with soil warming.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

yes, I have the whole planter setup from Gardener's Supply. I hadn't done veggies in awhile and decided to get back into it, but via containers. I'm doing tomato, zucchini, sweet peppers, cucumber, Korean Melon and eggplant.

Tell me more about the Korean melon, please.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

http://www.evergreenseeds.com/evergreenseeds/kormelgollin.html

I dried my own seed from a melon that I purchased from a Korean Market last summer. If you like, I can send you some?

Yes, thank you. I'd love just a few. Most melons grow well for us so four or five would be plenty!

My address is in the exchange.

Thanks again!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

You've got it. They are in the mail today. Enjoy!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hello Anita! There are a few of us around this early.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hey Dave - missed you by a few minutes this morning!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.