April Iris continues

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's the beginning of the thread
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/587840/

This is Devonshire Cream. Big and full of ruffles.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Danielle's Love

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

and Western Tradition. I have to say that Cordoba is a better plant and flower.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

"Let's be Friends". And the leaf spot is getting treated this week. It bloomed in a couple of days when the weather warmed up.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Bold as Love. Aren't they all just wonderful?

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This one's 'Smokin'

Thumbnail by doss
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

Bold as Love is so pretty! i love the color!

kelly : )

Lebanon, OR

Hi Doss

I LOVE Smokin and Bold is Love, had never seen those in bloom.

Great shots.

D

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I love Smokin' and Devonshire Cream. All of them are beautiful, though.

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Those two are my favorites also. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Dorothie - - Great looking photos/irises!! Will you be putting some of them on/in the Iris Plant Files? I too have 'Devonshire Cream' and 'Smokin'......................... and 'Let's be Friends'. 'Let's be Friends' kind of fades-out badly here, so I probably won't be keeping it. Does it fade for you in CA.?

~Margie

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Beautiful photos, there girl. If you ever don't want that Devonshire Cream, I'll try hard to give it a good home. LOL

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Let's be Friends doesn't fade too badly here. I did notice that about the plant file photos. But it is it's first year in my garden and it's been raining and cloudy for months now.

And I've put some photos in the plantfiles where you haven't already put a wonderful photo that is comparable. I have noticed that your cultivars tend to fade where you live more than mine do in general. Let's be Friends also doesn't get late afternoon sun which might make a difference.

Glad you like the Devonshire Cream, gardengram. It is a beauty. The man who helps me with my garden has already spoken for it though. LOL too.

Darn!! Just my luck.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's Pure and Simple - and yes, Margie. I put it in the plantfiles. :-)

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

And 'End of Summer'.

Thumbnail by doss
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Doss ;
they are all lovely.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Tazzy

It's fun to share them.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Pure and simple is LOVELY!!!!! Great photos! I'm so glad you're sharing them. :-)

~Margie

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I love "Pure and Simple". Don't yellow irises just "pop" in the landscape? Great photo, doss!

Laura

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Pure and Simple has wonderful substance too. Tall, strong stalk and a big flower.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

If you like yellow, let's turn up the volume with 'What's Up Folks"

Thumbnail by doss
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I am green with envy. I have a few named varieties and some that my brother sent me from Arizona (no names). One is a beautiful yellow (I have to download pics from camera) I also have tons of an old purple bearded iris that smells wonderful.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

They are all beautiful in their own way. I actually just put in some old purple and white iris that were growing in someone's garden. It's so comfortable and sweet.

The first named iris I owned was Golden Glaze. It's an early bloomer and still one of my favorites. I just smile every time I see it. The pictures are taken with my old camera, so no good close-ups.

Thumbnail by 1gardengram
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I think that we've got a yellow theme going here! I smile when I see it too gardengram. I'm so glad that you posted it. It's a beauty.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

So many beauties! I love the subtle colors in End of Summer. I have a few dwarfs blooming, but no buds on the tall ones yet. It sure is fun to look at everyone else's while waiting.

Susan

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's Firestorm a SDB.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Another SDB, Ruby Eruption. Opal Wings and Splash of Red are also blooming. Will get photos of them when the rain stops.

Susan

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Rain ?
will do SASE for rain .
we are burning up here

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I love the plicata SDB Susan. It's amazing the unlimited variations in the iris world.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Tazzy, I wish I could send you some rain. Not that we have much to spare, but it has been showering on and off all night and morning. I just ran out in my nightgown to take some more photos during a break and there were 3 men from the telephone company behind my house cutting down trees. Decided maybe I'd better run back in and get dress. Now it is sprinkling again.

Susan

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

So you run outside and take photos in your pajamas too, Susan? I am so glad that someone else does that too.

Here's Electrique

Thumbnail by doss
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I sure do! The men diappeared for awhile, so I snapped this one of Wizard of Hope. Pretty coloring in Electrique.

Susan

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

BEYOOTIFUL. So subtle.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Sofia by Blyth. The edges of the stands are very pale lavender. I wish it showed in the photo. Beautiful. One of my treasures this year.

Thumbnail by doss
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Sofia is just gorgeous! Another added to my wish list! :0)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Vibrations although from a sort of odd angle.

And Sofia is definitely worth growing.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Could this be City Lights? I'm not sure - one that lost it's nametag.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I've got some more photos! This is Explicit.

Thumbnail by doss

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.