Crickets Greenhouse Part 2

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Anytime yall want to share any information or pictures of any-sort---just go for it.
Don't leave me here all alone.

here is a picture of the flower bed I have been wroking on around the parking area. I have it 3/4 done. I will be adding some bedding plants in there this week. I did not get the pink petunia plugs that I ordered. Sadly I will have to go shopping for some Pink. I like pink. Not bold, not mild. Pink is bluntly soft.
Also View of the Greenhouse from my front door.

Thumbnail by CricketsGarden
Fulton, MO

Here's a few from today...
New foliage on Breynia disticha 'Roseo-picta'

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

An apparently fairly happy Psidium littorale 'Lemon' but no fruit yet.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

The pseudostem of Musa 'Dward Red.' I love the color on this banana.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Spring growth flush on Nagami Kumquat. Last fall I moved all the citrus into medium of coconut husk chips.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Here's a branch of 'Washington Navel' with orange and just the start of the spring growth flush. This one lost a lot of leaves with transplantation into CHC but about four fruit hung on and it seems much happier now.

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Fulton, MO

Finally, a tomato (blossom) for Cricket. But it's not your usual tomato. Any guesses?

Thumbnail by stressbaby
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Leave you here all alone??? Don't you know that you make us shortcircut our keyboards when we droole over all your pictures.
Janett

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

The Enlarged pictures are not available at the moment. Its not responding . I will have to check the pictures out later. Daves must still be working on the site.
Bummer. I am half blind lol. Everything has to be enlarged for me.
Guess I will wait til later today to show more pictures.

Meanwhile.
Stressbaby- My grapefruit did not bloom this year. Any guesses to why? I put a citrus fertlizer spike in the soil last year. Was disappointed to see no blooms. It normally produces 10 grapefruits.

Fulton, MO

Cricket, how warm was your winter and where did you keep the tree? SB

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

The grapefruit was kept outdoors all winter. It stayed green all winter. Like evergreen. I was in partial shade--under an oak. Maybe not enough sun light? I put it there to help protect from direct weather.

What kind of tomato plant is that Stress. i want one! that is so neat!

I have to show some pics now. I think I put too many petunia plants in my baskets. Tell me what ya think.
I put 5 little plugs in each basket. NOW LOOK. AKKKK

this is the red ones. Hope they last til mothers day. I did 79 red baskets.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

the midnight blues are goin wacko.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

the whites have gotten so compact---its unreal. Just 5 little plugs.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Stress. I use to have one of those Red Bananas. One year it didnt come back up. Was disappointed.

what else can i show?::hmm
these are my Early Girl maters.
Can you see the little maters?

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

This is the Brandywine pink. It has got the ugliest little tomato on it. right now this little mater is about 1/4 inch wide and 1 inch long. Its gonna be a big ugly whopper. lol
Can ya see it?

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

My greenhouse tomatoes have literally gone crazy. I am shocked how fast they are growing.
sooo pretty. and they smellllll soooo good.

oops --still had the camera on close up --will have to make a new pic.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2006 3:18 PM

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Sweet Million Cherry have little tomatoes and full of blooms.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

ok new pic of the gh maters

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

side view

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

let me know when your tired.

another brandywine mater----they are just so weird looking. They better taste good.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

A Better Bush in a 5 gallon pot.

Fulton, MO

Cricket, those are some impressive toms. Very impressive.

That picture above is the Tree Tomato, Cyphomandra crassicaulis. I have blooms, but no fruit yet...

My first thought on the grapefruit was too few chill hours. Citrus needs something like 850 winter hours under 68*F for good bloom. It's hard to imagine you didn't have enough chill hours in zone 7b if the plant was outside.

I doubt that it is a light issue. I've heard of people overwintering their citrus in a garage.

Is the leaf growth vigorous? If so, maybe too much fertility and excessive vegetative growth at the expense of blooms.

SB

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow Stressbaby-very nice greenhouse...those very white walls!! Looks like you could live in there!! I didn't expect any less from you!! :) I didn't think you had a camera...now that I know you do show us a picture of your whole greenhouse and some more plants. Just got finished with an order to 2 different nurseries. So I have trop plants on my mind. Show me the plants!! (like "show me the money" lol) Love that banana-very healthy plants.
Cricket....lol yeah that red petunia basket looks like the plants are going to jump out of there! Great looking plants-you've done well. I always look at your pictures and think to myself-how does she do it all, and then I remember that I have the same thing going on here lol. You just get up every morning and do it huh? I always make lists for the day-there is so much to do in each of the greenhouses that I fotget otherwise.
The first of the orders starts going out Monday! It takes at least a week of sending them out before you notice a difference-less to water, fert etc, but it just gets better and better-less and less work!

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I am an idiot. I put that "over and out" to get rid of ants in my tomato greenhouse. all over the floors. I went in there to water the maters and could not stand there for all the ants gathering all that poison. I should of waited til end of day, but nooo, i wasn't thinking.

hope it kills them, killlllls them allll, kills them dead. they hurt lol.

Then ---stupid again---i also put the poison in the other greenhouse too during business hours--------stupid stupid stupid. This woman comes in with her toddler granddaughter who wants to play in the gravel. OHHHHHH no-----had to stop her. Poor kid. I have LIVED and LEARNED.
with all that poison out today---i got ate up by ants. They were gathering that poison like there was no tomorrow. LOL ---little do they know there will be no tomorrow for them.

Happy Gardening

Cricket

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lol cricket-no tomorrow --lol

your stuff looks wonderful as always

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

SB--about that grapefruit: We moved in Feb and I put the grape fruit in the greenhouse at new place. Should they by cool when they bloom? Maybe that was it. And the fertilizer spike should be wearing off by now. Its been a whole year.
Anyway--No grapefruit this year.
I have a few lemons on the lemon tree and it is putting out more blooms too.

Guess i better go water those tomatoes that got neglected yesterday.

Cricket

Fulton, MO

Cricket, they don't have to be cool when they bloom. The chill hours are necessary over the winter to make the buds develop as flower buds instead of vegetative buds.

I bet it will bloom next year. SB

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Again, wowzers!! You astound me!
:) Donna

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey Cricket,

Those brandywines will be worth it!! I have to restart some seeds because only one of mine germinated (sobbing) People just don't know what's good if they aren't interested in those plants!

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

I plant Brandywine and Jett Star every year, they are my favorites and I am assured of yummy sandwiches this way.
Too bad we can not grow bread and mayo ..... hahahahaha

Also plant about 4 or five other assorted each year.

Really looking forward to the Black Cherry tomatoes this time.

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Ohh.I am growing those too.. now if I can just get the sungold to germinate!!

Sing to them .... lol

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

thats a pretty cherry mater.

I get inspected tomorrow for diseases. I gotta pass the inspection to stay in business.

Cricket

Fulton, MO

Good luck. You do fine, I'm sure. SB

Good luck Cricket

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Macon, IL(Zone 5b)

Good luck Cricket!!

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Passed Inspection

thanks for the luck.

Certified