Anybody grown Tasty Jade (cucumbers)?

Sunnyvale, CA(Zone 9b)

I was wondering if anybody has grown Tasty Jade cukes. I am germinating the seeds now. I wanted to see if anybody else has grown them.

Thanks!

tmm

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Tmm- Where did you get the tasty jade seeds from? I might wan to add these to my collection.

kanita

Sunnyvale, CA(Zone 9b)

I got them from Johnny's

Kearny, NJ(Zone 7a)

I've grown Tasty Jade Hybrid also from Johnny's. Large vines that are best grown vertically on a trellis with classic burpless shaped cucumbers 12" long, thin skinned and very nice tasting. This variety is parthenocarpic (sets fruit without pollination) and if grown in isolation from other cucumbers you will get seedless fruit. For the last 4 years I have only grown parthenocarpic varieties such as Sweet Success, Diva, Cool Breeze, and my current favorite Park's All-Season Burpless because of their very high yield potential.

Rich

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Rich

Any idea about how many cukes you got per plant on the Park's All-Season Burpless & the Tasty Jade Hybrid ?

kanita

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Diva far out performs Park's all season way down here.

Kearny, NJ(Zone 7a)

kanita: I really don't count but surely more than 25 per plant for the Parks's and maybe somewhat less for the Tasty Jade.

dmj1218: That's very interesting as I have grown Diva twice with terrible yields both times yet the Park's grown for the first time last year was absolutely loaded for weeks and weeks. Cool Breeze which is a European pickling type (very spiny) outperforms all of them by a wide margin.

Rich

Rich

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

and my current favorite Park's All-Season Burpless because of their very high yield potential.
or?
Cool Breeze which is a European pickling type (very spiny) outperforms all of them by a wide margin.

I'm confused.......(but not really) :)
Debbie

This message was edited Apr 21, 2006 9:44 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.